Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Reading continue their good form against Ipswich and Forest win away tomorrow at QPR...

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
We will open up a nice gap at the top if we can pick up the win at home tomorrow.

Of the three ties I see the Forest result as the one most in doubt...

I have a sneaky feeling that if we focus on retaining our form match to match, play the best 11 at all times with two up top we could find ourselves challenging for the automatics come the end of the season.

There - I've said it!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we can't believe, given the rather splendid position we occupy at the moment, it's a little sad. Of course the wheels may come off big time but I won't worry about that until they do. I am hoping for autos as things stand but totally accept that it may not happen, not gonna stop me dreaming though :thumbsup:

If we are good enough, we won't even have to rely on other teams failing....

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We will open up a nice gap at the top if we can pick up the win at home tomorrow.

Of the three ties I see the Forest result as the one most in doubt...

I have a sneaky feeling that if we focus on retaining our form match to match, play the best 11 at all times with two up top we could find ourselves challenging for the automatics come the end of the season.

There - I've said it!

Its still far too early to predict anything. Our form looks good. We have so far been fortunate with injuries. We don't look like completely dominating teams, but we do have more of a threat than last year. Personally I'm just enjoying the fact that we are well organised and playing some good football after last year's frustrations. If this continues, we'll enjoy most games and whatever comes will come.

A psychological cloud seems to have been lifted and going to the Amex presently seems like a pleasure, whereas for most of last year, it seemed like a duty. That's enough to make me happy and I'm just going to enjoy the present and the future can look after itself.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Surely far too early for this type of calculation? A zillion different things and equations will crop up before next May. This is the sort of stuff I'll start to consider about Easter time. :wink:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Forest were top this stage last season and look what happened to them... If we win tomorrow I'll begin to believe we'll be right up there as Hull have one of the best teams in the division imo.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
A psychological cloud seems to have been lifted and going to the Amex presently seems like a pleasure, whereas for most of last year, it seemed like a duty. That's enough to make me happy and I'm just going to enjoy the present and the future can look after itself.

That cloud has been hanging over the place since the Palace play off game, the failings of the last two seasons are a direct result of that night. Managers resigning, players effectively striking to get a move, selling to meet ffp, fractured fanbase arguing amongst themselves and constantly berating the club for its perceived indifference to the fans opinions. Now at last, the feel good factor appears to be back , quality signings, praise for club and how it handles things from all directions , decent performances on the pitch and everyone pulling in the same direction.
I know its early and I've been a fan long enough to know how quickly things can go tits up but I have a good feeling about this season.
Could this be our year?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
That cloud has been hanging over the place since the Palace play off game, the failings of the last two seasons are a direct result of that night. Managers resigning, players effectively striking to get a move, selling to meet ffp, fractured fanbase arguing amongst themselves and constantly berating the club for its perceived indifference to the fans opinions. Now at last, the feel good factor appears to be back , quality signings, praise for club and how it handles things from all directions , decent performances on the pitch and everyone pulling in the same direction.
I know its early and I've been a fan long enough to know how quickly things can go tits up but I have a good feeling about this season.
Could this be our year?

I agree completely. A major problem (perhaps not every time, wayne bridge & texeira were excellent loans) we've had as well is loan players. I'd say that the best thing about our squad currently is that we OWN all of our players. They wear the shirt for US and only for US.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Forest were top this stage last season and look what happened to them... If we win tomorrow I'll begin to believe we'll be right up there as Hull have one of the best teams in the division imo.

We did the same in 2011 and ended up 10th. Enjoy each game as it comes and don't look too far ahead is my motto.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree that Hull City are undoubtably a class act in this division and if we beat them then people will really begin to sit up and take notice.

The thing is all of our games have been very tight, albeit we've always taken the lead. It will be interesting to see how we respond to going a goal down, although the way we bounced back after Ipswich equalised bodes well in this regard. I don't fancy Baldock will get the better of the Hull defence, maybe Bobby can come off the bench and do a Harry Kane?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I agree that Hull City are undoubtably a class act in this division and if we beat them then people will really begin to sit up and take notice.

The thing is all of our games have been very tight, albeit we've always taken the lead. It will be interesting to see how we respond to going a goal down, although the way we bounced back after Ipswich equalised bodes well in this regard. I don't fancy Baldock will get the better of the Hull defence, maybe Bobby can come off the bench and do a Harry Kane?

Mmmm .... well this season Harry Kane is doing a last seasons Baldock ! So why not ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Also worth bearing in mind that at this equivalent post International Break bit of last season Bournemouth had 2 home games in a row.
They lost to Leeds and drew 1-1 to er, Rotherham....

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Also worth bearing in mind that at this equivalent post International Break bit of last season Bournemouth had 2 home games in a row.
They lost to Leeds and drew 1-1 to er, Rotherham....

Plus the weather's turned shit. Relegation is definitely on the cards.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Could this be our year?

Says it all. Great post

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here