Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

September 11th - 14 Years On

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Today marks the 14th anniversary of the September 11th attacks in the USA, so I thought it would be appropriate to start a thread to remember Robert Eaton and all those who lost their lives that day, and to highlight the fantastic work that has been done in his name by all those involved with the REMF over the years.

Obviously this weekend is one of poignant remembrance for all of us after the Shoreham tragedy, but the response to both that and to the 9/11 attacks really does show me that NSC and the REMF really are and have been a force for good over the years - long may that remain so. :thumbsup:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Could Somone list all the groups who have recieved support from the Charity as many younger and new fans can see the good work of REMF which Robert would be very Proud.
Also the type of events organised by REMF
Keep up the good work.��

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Rip
image.jpg

Last edited:

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Thinking of all those who lost their lives today especially Robert Eaton. #neverforget

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I had many friends in a building very close to the Towers who worked with at American Express I went over to visit them after and I saw Roberts name on a list and it made me cry. There is a wonderful memorial in the Amex headquarters Building a dripping tear very moving. I also visited the Fire Station who lost most of its firemen and women. Also the police lost many guys.
RIP Robert and the others that died. We won't forget.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
A completely surreal day thay will live in my memory forever. I can remember everything about the day so vividly except the football game we played that evening which seemed so irrelevant in the context of the day.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Make no apology for re-posting photos showing how 9/11 was marked a year to the day on 11 September 2002 at Withdean when we played Exeter in the League Cup.

RIP Robert.

REMF1.jpg

REMF2.jpg

REMF3.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
9/11 is as clear as if it was yesterday for me. Was in NYC on business, having only arrived a couple of days before. Totally surreal and, at the time, very scary. Although I was in Midtown at the actual time, team I was working with were in 7WTC (the third tower that collapsed later in the day after catching fire). As a JCL hadn't fully realised the connection. Walk tomorrow will be even more emotional than I expected.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Robert Eaton - RIP 9/11 Never Forget

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Rip Robert. I will post details of the 14 year history of the fund
The fund has raised around £ 180 000 since 2001

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Uncle Spielberg / Gareth Glover - a man who unashamedly wears his heart on his sleeve - started something that has made a positive difference to thousands of kid's lives all over the world. Easy to calculate the money raised; impossible to calculate the joy that the gifts of footballs, kits and training gear to kids who have nothing must bring.

Huge respect to GG.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I mourned and reflected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here