Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do so many Brighton buses operate on the "wrong" route?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It's all very well branding your buses with, for example, Route 1 plastered all over the sides. But then to have that self same bus operating on Route 5 is just plain confusing. I've noticed that maybe as many as 10% of Brighton buses appear to be operating on a route different from the branding.

So OK, I accept due to "operational reasons" and "mechanical problems" some buses have to be occasionally allocated to other routes, but at present it's far more than "occasionally".

If you can't have a bus that says Route 1 all over the side operating on Route 1 at least 98% of the time, then you should dump the whole branding idea and revert to standard livery buses.

Rant over.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It's all very well branding your buses with, for example, Route 1 plastered all over the sides. But then to have that self same bus operating on Route 5 is just plain confusing. I've noticed that maybe as many as 10% of Brighton buses appear to be operating on a route different from the branding.

So OK, I accept due to "operational reasons" and "mechanical problems" some buses have to be occasionally allocated to other routes, but at present it's far more than "occasionally".

If you can't have a bus that says Route 1 all over the side operating on Route 1 at least 98% of the time, then you should dump the whole branding idea and revert to standard livery buses.

Rant over.

10% is acceptable. And does anyone ever look at the side of the bus when choosing it? You see the bus coming, and the number is on the display at the front.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
And does anyone ever look at the side of the bus when choosing it?

its always the destination. unless maybe there's two on a route and ones cheaper? branding by route sounds daft, what happend to simple company liveries?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I got on the paddle round the pier bus yesterday, a bit weird when the window is obscured by a palm tree where I was seated.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I got on the paddle round the pier bus yesterday, a bit weird when the window is obscured by a palm tree where I was seated.

And when was Paddle Round the Pier? Early August? They should take the vinyl off once the event has passed.

Incidentally I saw a bus today with Albion Albion Albion and some of the words of GOSBTS on the side. And very nice it was too.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
10% is acceptable. And does anyone ever look at the side of the bus when choosing it? You see the bus coming, and the number is on the display at the front.

So if no one looks at the side of the bus when choosing it, then why have the route branding?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
And when was Paddle Round the Pier? Early August? They should take the vinyl off once the event has passed.

Incidentally I saw a bus today with Albion Albion Albion and some of the words of GOSBTS on the side. And very nice it was too.

[tweet]636875406159806464[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here