Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taking a (small) suitcase to the Amex

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Evening all,

My old man's coming to the game Saturday and had to bring a small suitcase, as he has a meeting on Friday night. Has anyone had experience of leaving a bag somewhere at the Amex? Was considering firing off an email to Supporter Services and see what they can do. The other option was leaving it at Jury's or Ibis by the station, but as he's not staying there, it seems a tad cheeky and they'lol probably tell him to whistle!

Cheers for any advice.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Just make sure it doesn't have any gardening vouchers in it and you should be ok.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Blimey, those lockers went at least 20 years ago; who are you, Rip Van Winkle? :)

It's not something that I've needed so I've not noticed that they weren't there. I did use a question mark to denote a question, rather than a statement.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Evening all,

My old man's coming to the game Saturday and had to bring a small suitcase, as he has a meeting on Friday night. Has anyone had experience of leaving a bag somewhere at the Amex? Was considering firing off an email to Supporter Services and see what they can do. The other option was leaving it at Jury's or Ibis by the station, but as he's not staying there, it seems a tad cheeky and they'lol probably tell him to whistle!

Cheers for any advice.

Put the suitcase inside your manbag ???

:moo:

Or get them to keep it behind the jump at the pub.

BiffyBoy

Aug 20, 2012
I managed this two seasons ago. Did the overnight from SF for work and headed straight to the game.

Looked everywhere in Brighton for luggage storage with no luck. I think the Grand bombing put and end to left luggage.

I chanced it and they let me sign it in at the main reception. They did check ID, searched my case and made me sign a waiver.

Might be worth calling in advance as the lady on reception was a bit funny about doing it, but my stash of big girl paradise mags probably didn't help!

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
I took the mrs to the Charlton game last season and we managed to accumulated shopping the size of a small suitcase on our way to the game. We just handed it in at the turnstile (east upper) and got a ticket with a number on which we handed to a steward on our way out to get our bag back. Excellent service, no waiting, no charge.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I managed this two seasons ago. Did the overnight from SF for work and headed straight to the game.

Looked everywhere in Brighton for luggage storage with no luck. I think the Grand bombing put and end to left luggage.

I chanced it and they let me sign it in at the main reception. They did check ID, searched my case and made me sign a waiver.

Might be worth calling in advance as the lady on reception was a bit funny about doing it, but my stash of big girl paradise mags probably didn't help!

....and I suspect that Carrot Cruncher's dad is bringing him a fresh supply of big girl paradise mags for the purpose of right hand exercise and in my opinion this disgusting trade has got to be stopped so i say keep this suitcase and its masturbatory stimulating content well away from our innocent lady receptionists (he can keep it round my house so long as i can have a quick shufty at the content?)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
By a ticket/seat for the case? If it's a new suitcase I'd argue for a child's ticket.

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
....and I suspect that Carrot Cruncher's dad is bringing him a fresh supply of big girl paradise mags for the purpose of right hand exercise and in my opinion this disgusting trade has got to be stopped so i say keep this suitcase and its masturbatory stimulating content well away from our innocent lady receptionists (he can keep it round my house so long as i can have a quick shufty at the content?)

If thats the case he can leave it under my seat for the duration ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here