Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ollie's predictions [Sky Sports News]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Holloway-horiz_3338941.jpg
Holloway-horiz_3338941.jpg

Ian Holloway gives us his picks for the weekend

Sky Sports pundit Ian Holloway predicts the outcome of the big Football League weekend fixtures.....
I was at Burton v Coventry last weekend and we couldn't hear a thing in the studio. It was unbelievable. There was no glass around that box they put us in!
We were in and amongst the crowd and when they started screaming and shouting, we could not hear a bus! Our presenter, Scott Minto, was magnificent though - he's a very impressive fella. *
I'm off to see QPR for Sky on Saturday. I love the atmosphere and the ground and in my new job, I can get there nice and early. To commit to the club for 10 years like I did and be part of that... I consider myself very lucky.
I cannot wait for the return of Championship football this weekend!
Reading v Ipswich, Friday, 19:00, Sky Sports 5 HD
mick-mccarthy-v-middlesbrough_3276868.jpg
mick-mccarthy-v-middlesbrough_3276868.jpg

Mick McCarthy

I can't see Mick McCarthy losing another one. Ipswich were unlucky last week and Mick will have been startled*to lose 3-2. Reading won last week, but the break probably suits Ipswich better than Reading. Adding Matej*Vydra might be exactly what Reading need and I might be totally wrong, but I just seeing Mick's team being strong. He's always very good. * *
OLLIE PREDICTS: 0-2 (Sky Bet 17/2)
216.png
157.png

[h=3]Reading vs Ipswich[/h]
September 11, 2015, 7:00pm
Live on
ss5.gif

QPR v Nottingham Forest, Saturday, 12:00, Sky Sports 5 HD
If Charlie Austin plays another year, I think he'll help QPR get back up, I really do fancy their chances. I think they've had a good start. Tjaronn Chery's looking good off Austin but with Matt Phillips still being there as well, I can only see them being too strong for Forest. A centre-forward who scores goals is just scary.
This time last year, Forest*were top of the league with Britt Assombalonga and Michail Antonio up front and everyone was buzzing. Now with a transfer embargo, it's all very difficult...
OLLIE PREDICTS: 2-0 (Sky Bet 8/1)
411.png
522.png

[h=3]QPR vs N Forest[/h]
September 12, 2015, 12:00pm
Live on
ss1.gif

Brighton v Hull, Saturday, 15:00
I don't see much in this at all but I don't like saying 0-0 so I'm saying 1-0 to Brighton. Kazenga LuaLua has more tricks up his sleeve than Tommy Cooper! We've all been waiting for him to have that end product and it looks like this season it's going to be the one. He has fantastic pace, trickery and ability and now he's finishing.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-0 (Sky Bet 5/1)
Burnley v Sheffield Wednesday, Saturday, 15:00
I think the business Sean Dyche did to bring a striker in for £9m plus Joey Barton is excellent, but I also like Sheffield Wednesday; I like their manager and how they're going to have a bit of a go. I quite like who they're signing but I just think Burnley are going to get things going, particularly at home. They're formidable at home and I just fancy some goals in this one.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 3-1 (Sky Bet 18/1)
Leeds v Brentford, Saturday, 15:00
Leeds is freshness. They've got some good young players in their team, although I think Uwe Rosler is very fortunate to have the job as I didn't think Neil Redfearn had a bad stint with them. They look to be united and I think they'll be that one goal better than Brentford. I fancy them to win that game with that crowd.
dougie-jonathan-ipswich_3332727.jpg
dougie-jonathan-ipswich_3332727.jpg

Jonathan Douglas was one of Brentford's departures this summer

Brentford have lost their goalscorer. Luckily for me, I had Kevin Phillips a couple of times when I lost my best players. When you lose Andre Grey at Brentford, how are you going to feel? They also lost Jonathan Douglas last summer, who I thought was a huge part of what they were doing, so I don't expect them to be as good as they were last year.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-0 (Sky Bet 13/2)
Preston v Derby, Saturday, 15:00
I'm sick of saying Preston are going to win and they haven't! I think it'll be tight. The way Simon Grayson sets up is very hard to break down. It's an embarrassment of riches at Derby, where Paul Clement has got a group who fell away badly at the end of last season. They've got a new manager now who has been at the top of the game and they're far too good to not go up this year.*
OLLIE PREDICTS: 0-1 (Sky Bet 13/2)
Fulham v Blackburn, Sunday, 11:55, Sky Sports 5 HD
promo265810541
promo265810541

Our pick of the five best goals from last weekend's Football League action

I've been scratching my head here. You've got Ross McCormack and Jordan Rhodes, two of the most expensive people in the Championship, and I can only see a draw here. When the Blackburn Rovers manager said on TV 'I've had to cut the £20m budget', it just goes to show what Blackburn must have been doing. Kit Symons and Gary Bowyer are doing good jobs and I think they know the youngsters inside out.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-1 (Sky Bet 5/1)
407.png
262.png

[h=3]Fulham vs Blackburn[/h]
September 13, 2015, 11:55am
Live on
ss5.gif

Oldham v Peterborough, Saturday, 15:00
On the back of the Dave Robertson sacking, I've gone for a 1-1 draw. I loved the way Oldham were playing before. They're building, getting better. Peterborough - who's going to get that job? Who knows? How are they going to respond? Don't know. I'm sure the players will want to do well because they don't know who's going to come in, but I can't see them losing.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-1 (Sky Bet 5/1)
Scunthorpe v Coventry, Saturday, 15:00
I was very impressed with Coventry last week. I was really impressed with John Fleck, who I thought ran the game. The wheels aren't rolling smoothly for Scunthorpe. There'll be big expectations on Mark Robins. I think it it's the wrong game on the wrong day for them. They lost to Blackpool last week and it's tough.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 0-2 (Sky Bet 11/1)
Newport v Morecambe, Saturday, 15:00
terry-butcher-newport-county_3346806.jpg
terry-butcher-newport-county_3346806.jpg

Terry Butcher is finding it difficult at Newport

I was surprised when he first went there with his experience... typical Terry Butcher really! He's an absolute great fella. There's something about Jim Bentley, he's got a new contract and his team keeps going and going and going. Some starts to the season aren't good but a man of his experience will know what's wrong and how to change it.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 0-2 (Sky Bet 12/1)
Ollie's Sky Bet Football League hat-trick is: Brighton, Coventry and Morecambe all to win is 16/1

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here