Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norman Baker's new book

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I hear it's titled "Against The Grain".

Someone suggested that the recent demise of Charles Kennedy made that a bit unfortunate.

Maybe Wayne Rooney could write one "With The Gran".

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I thought it'd be called "One Day" or "What Dreams May Come" followed by a controversial sequel "My Party Will Never Have A Majority In Parliament. Ever."

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I thought it'd be called "One Day" or "What Dreams May Come" followed by a controversial sequel "My Party Will Never Have A Majority In Parliament. Ever."

Well at least the LibDems have had their time in the sun, it'll be interesting to see how History treats the Coalition government. Apparently Vince Cable has outscribed Norman, and his book will be out this week.
David Laws is also getting his version of history out.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Well at least the LibDems have had their time in the sun, it'll be interesting to see how History treats the Coalition government. Apparently Vince Cable has outscribed Norman, and his book will be out this week.

Oh absolutely, given how their tenure went in the limelight I still have a fair deal of respect for them.

Hopefully history criticises both parties and doesn't just take Old Yellow out back and shoot it, if you know what I mean.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
What will History do with Jezza....

As much I support him, hopefully it'll do the same. You don't learn anything if you look back through erm....rose tinted glasses.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

With Labour poised to elect Corbyn, the Tories pressing on with austerity and the European Referendum approaching I'd say the centre ground was wide open for the Lib Dems to mount a comeback. I think they might need to hire a new publicist though as many won't even be aware Tim Farron is the new leader with a new agenda.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Oh absolutely, given how their tenure went in the limelight I still have a fair deal of respect for them.

Hopefully history criticises both parties and doesn't just take Old Yellow out back and shoot it, if you know what I mean.
Agree. The Liberals had a chance to make a difference but had to sacrifice some policies to gain some power and chose to do that. The other option was stand by all their policies and never see power or an opportunity to be part of the decision making process in a coalition.

Unfortunately many of their supporters failed to see that they had little choice but to take the direction they did and they have paid for that. I hope they live to fight another day

Well at least the LibDems have had their time in the sun ...

I was in Waitrose in Lewes yesterday and Norman Baker came up to me and said hello. We then had a conversation about how boring it was to have to sit around in the summer sunshine. He and I both agree on that. He said nothing about his book, though.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I was in Waitrose in Lewes yesterday and Norman Baker came up to me and said hello. We then had a conversation about how boring it was to have to sit around in the summer sunshine. He and I both agree on that. He said nothing about his book, though.

Ah, but did you read the extract published in the "Daily Mail" on Saturday, Lord B? I just did in the library, I can only say his promise of "racy revelations" is egging it a bit. Unless of course the further extracts to be published by the "Mail" are any juicier.

And will he reveal any AMEX secrets we didn't know on here...

Ah, but did you read the extract published in the "Daily Mail" on Saturday, Lord B? I just did in the library, I can only say his promise of "racy revelations" is egging it a bit. Unless of course the further extracts to be published by the "Mail" are any juicier.

And will he reveal any AMEX secrets we didn't know on here...

I could reveal a juicy titbit or two about Mr Baker, but I won't. I've always taken the view that you should fight arguments with arguments. Getting personal is getting cheap.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here