Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sexist Pig

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
don't put a photo on there then ......................................................simples

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Hang on, a man compliments a woman on her appearance and it's now unacceptable?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
"my comment was aimed at the professional quality of the presentation on LinkedIn which was unfortunately misinterpreted"

Yeah, course it was. What a bellend........interesting reference to the 'subsequent trolling on Twitter' as well. Bet he's having fun explaining this to his Mrs.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
He was bang out of order. People should be able to post a picture of themselves on a professional careers site and not have whiskey soaked old leaches commenting on them on that manner.

Women should always be treated as if they are equal.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
s_nf_3334_56332.jpg

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

It's a load of bollocks, isn't it? I'm sure it wouldn't have been so unacceptable if the bloke had looked like George Clooney.

Who doesn't like getting compliments on your appearance off of work colleagues of the opposite sex - seriously?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Slimey blokes are always sending shite like that on there to our ladies at work. I say if it gets a sale then go with it... Women don't know how lucky they are to have these assets :lol:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
He was bang out of order. People should be able to post a picture of themselves on a professional careers site and not have whiskey soaked old leaches commenting on them on that manner.

What if he could demonstrate that he had said similar things to a male? As it's then equal would it be OK?

To me, it does appear a bit over the top for it to have made the news. With all the things going on in the world this really is an issue that could have been resolved between the two. I receive things I don't want on social media so delete it and move on (none of these have ever been a compliment on my appearance I add, I am not blessed in this arena)

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
It's not exactly as if he typed "Phwoarrr!" Is it? :) Barristers do believe they're something special, but they are just paid fortunes to bend the truth while staying within the confines of the law and often, cruelly, intimidating innocent people, in an attempt to show their clients in a better light. Legal vultures.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What if he could demonstrate that he had said similar things to a male? As it's then equal would it be OK?

To me, it does appear a bit over the top for it to have made the news. With all the things going on in the world this really is an issue that could have been resolved between the two. I receive things I don't want on social media so delete it and move on (none of these have ever been a compliment on my appearance I add, I am not blessed in this arena)

Wooooooooosh.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Mixed feeling about this. I totally agree with everything in this post ^

But I'll always feel a bit uneasy about someone publicising a private message and effectively starting a social media witch hunt and humiliating the sad old codger. It makes me wonder what her real motivations are.

*edit* ffs, have I just woooshed myself!! :mad:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Mixed feeling about this. I totally agree with everything in this post ^

But I'll always feel a bit uneasy about someone publicising a private message and effectively starting a social media witch hunt and humiliating the sad old codger. It makes me wonder what her real motivations are.

Can't agree. Women need to speak up about it. It needs to be made public just as racism was in the 80's. The more it is highlighted the more it will be I. The public consciousness and the less of it there will be.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Matthew Scott, a barrister and blogger, said: "I think we have to look how this developed... Charlotte sent him a message, asking him to connect so the initial contact was made by Charlotte.

"He later complimented her stunning picture, so I do think his crime is provoked from Charlotte."

He added: "If a man wanted to approach a woman because he thinks her attractive at work or through LinkedIn, it doesn't make him sexist; it is just perfectly natural behaviour."

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There's a time and a place. Context is everything.

I agree to an extent, but it's not as if he asked her on a date or made a lewd comment; it was just a compliment.

And if women really did want to be treated exactly the same as men, then why have do all the women that I've interviewed for a job come in wearing a cleavage showing top, full make-up and plenty of perfume? I think I've been on first dates where less effort has been made.

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
There's a time and a place. Context is everything.

I agree. I was reading through it thinking, "well yes it could be construed as sexist, but in reality no worse than women get every day, is it really worth all this fuss", until I saw the comment "Most people post pretty unprofessional pictures on LinkedIn, my comment was aimed at the professional quality of the presentation on LinkedIn which was unfortunately misinterpreted.".

At this point I lost all sympathy for a man so stupid as to think he could really get away with that comment. Typical lawyer thinking he can justify anything by twisting and turning it around. In this context, I say hang him out to dry.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

She is not on Linkedin for compliments about her appearance. LinkedIn is a site for professional people to help their careers and businesses.

"Charlotte, delighted to connect, I appreciate this is horrendously politically incorrect but that is a stunning picture !!!
You definitely win the prize for the Best LinkedIn picture I have ever seen.

Always interest to understand peoples skills and how we might work together."

Is creepy and I bet he says that to all the girls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here