Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugby World Cup- will beer be available in the Amex from 10am?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Q2. Will there be anything going on outside the stadium- e.g. an outdoor bar like they do for Albion games.
Q3. What beers will be on sale?

Any information would be much appreciated to help me plan what time I want to arrive / decide whether I bring cans and/or buy beer at the Stadium..

:banana:

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Q2. Will there be anything going on outside the stadium- e.g. an outdoor bar like they do for Albion games.
Q3. What beers will be on sale?

Any information would be much appreciated to help me plan what time I want to arrive / decide whether I bring cans and/or buy beer at the Stadium..

:banana:

I don't know BUT:

1. On the venue guide map there is nothing showing outside the ground http://pulse-static-files.s3.amazon...834/ER2015_Brighton_Venue_Travel_Guide_V1.pdf
2. I've been to the 7's at Twickenham for the last couple of years & the bars there didn't open until 11am.
3. Heineken are one of the major sponsors for the WC, you'd expect that to be on sale everywhere.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'd be surprised if anything other than official beers (Tetley?) will be available within the stadium. You should be able to drink your pint at your seat though!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'd be surprised if anything other than official beers (Tetley?) will be available within the stadium. You should be able to drink your pint at your seat though!

Tetley's is owned by Carlsberg, not Heineken so I'd be very surprised to see Tetley's there.

EDIT: Heineken owns John Smith and Newky Brown ... so expect to see those

Not sure what the rules are for the RWC but Harveys was available for the England U21 match in March

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Can you take your own beers in to the ground?

Heard a rumor you might be able to but not got my ticket in my hand yet to check the small print....

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
And a lighter to ignite one's farts whilst singing witty dittys before placing inverted pint pot over head.
"John Stuart Mill went to Brazil with a knife and a fork and a blue tit's quill, he wrote a play on a prozzie's back, swapped his knife for a monkey and changed his name to... Jack Stuart Mill, etc etc"

"Weirdo alert, deck him!"

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I emailed the club to ask if they had any info- they said no. Tried emailing RWC but just got an automatic response saying they aren't replying to emails. Ho hum- maybe some information will appear this week.. They usually love touting what's going on to try to get people to arrive early to avoid travel chaos..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here