Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Torquay United fans united day?

PAFC1985

Sep 2, 2011
Plymouth
Hi there Brighton Fans,
Argyle Fan here, our neighbours Torquay United are going through lots of money problems at the minute, they've had to lay staff off, etc. Now they are facing court action which may see them being wound up or being put into administration.
I'm wondering if any of you Brighton fans would like to do a Torquay United Fans United Day down at their ground when yourselfs have an away game and what are your thoughts?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I would be up for it. Depends on date, whether the wife is working and if I get the pay rise I submtted for so could afford it.

But.... I am interested

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Lovely part of the world, and a great club. Would definitely get down there for a game if I could. If not, would certainly send some spare change their way.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hi there Brighton Fans,
Argyle Fan here, our neighbours Torquay United are going through lots of money problems at the minute, they've had to lay staff off, etc. Now they are facing court action which may see them being wound up or being put into administration.
I'm wondering if any of you Brighton fans would like to do a Torquay United Fans United Day down at their ground when yourselfs have an away game and what are your thoughts?

Good to see Plymouth helping again. Great fans. :thumbsup:

I've just been reading about their plight in the Non League paper and put it on my Twitter feed. If I read between the lines correctly the issue was with the Lottery winner and not the new owners. Is that right?

I'm interested because (Palace fans look away now) the mate I go to Brighton games with lived in Torquay for years and often went to their matches before he moved here. If - and it's a big if - we can get our wives to agree it has "messy gentlemans' weekend" written all over it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Torquay lovely town, I hope they can sort this out.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Guess an ideal date would be the international weekend of the 10th October or is that too far away? We have games on the 19th at Wolves where I suspect we'll take a fairly good following of around 1500 or more, then Bolton the week after on the 26th.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Naa. I honestly couldn't be arsed.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I'd definitely be up for that, all depends on date and whether I can afford it or not!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
As Brighton fan living in Plymouth there would have to be something wrong with me if I did not go to this.
Not that we or Argyle should get any favours but if it was arranged when both of us are playing away then the numbers would be larger (especially if Argyle are away)
West Country Seagulls, if it works out, can we do something to boost the number of Albion fans at Torquay, there are plenty of us down here.
It is genuine, Torquay are in big trouble, a major benefactor has pulled the plug I believe.
The bar at Torquay is big enough and some decent pubs nearby it should be a lot of fun meeting up with Argyle fans again and others (hope Exeter and Yeovil make an effort this time)

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
3rd October looking for to Aldershot's 1st Saturday game at Plainmoor in over 25 Years. The Computer always gave us midweek games for some reason cough cough:whistle:

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
As Brighton fan living in Plymouth there would have to be something wrong with me if I did not go to this.
Not that we or Argyle should get any favours but if it was arranged when both of us are playing away then the numbers would be larger (especially if Argyle are away)
West Country Seagulls, if it works out, can we do something to boost the number of Albion fans at Torquay, there are plenty of us down here.
It is genuine, Torquay are in big trouble, a major benefactor has pulled the plug I believe.
The bar at Torquay is big enough and some decent pubs nearby it should be a lot of fun meeting up with Argyle fans again and others (hope Exeter and Yeovil make an effort this time)

As a Brighton fan also living near Plymouth, I may be up for it,

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I'd be up for that. The Fans United day at Plymouth was a great day out.

Yeah,that was a good day out. I'd deffo be up for that then visit an old girlfriend on Dartmoor on the way back.Mmmmmm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here