Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull City's Adama Diamonde

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I thought I would have a nose at Hulls latest addition. Looks useful, scores with left or right and his head, inside and outside the box, has a few winger tricks and looks quick.

He is coming to Hull on the back of a good half season at Stabaek in Norway, but had been a bit pants in the previous season at Dinamo Minsk.
A bit of a gamble signing I think, could be mighty or shitey, superb or turd, but I reckon if he gets off to a good start, he will carry on. Big game for him Saturday, if he gets on.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Looks like Livermore will be available too as his ban for snorting coke has reportedly been lifted.
They are going to provide an interesting challenge.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Looks like Livermore will be available too as his ban for snorting coke has reportedly been lifted.

A shame in my view that the FA aren't taken a stronger stance and setting an example with their treatement of druggies like him.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It's beyond my comprehension that someone can't have some sympathy with a guy who has just lost his baby. Two years of his career and losing a child. Nice

I have absolute sympathy for the loss of his child, but I don't believe it excuses his drug taking.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I have absolute sympathy for the loss of his child, but I don't believe it excuses his drug taking.

I'm happy that at no point was the drug taking done to improve his performance on the pitch (coke could actually do the opposite). People do very stupid things in times of tragedy. I can't imagine the pain he and his family have gone through. I'm happy he has served enough time and learnt his lesson.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hull have a strong squad - Saturday will be a real test of our claim to be challenging for promotion this season.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
I think you're 100% wrong. Thankfully neither of us have lost a child, but I know people who have and it is not something that leads to a normal set of behaviour

I agree. Fair play to the FA for taking time to fully investigate the circumstances surrounding it and taking this approach.

I hope the lad can gain some solace by being able to get back on the pitch and do what he is good at again.

Of course drug taking is wrong, but I don't believe that this particular case sets a bad example to kids or anything like that and certainly wasn't performance enhancing.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Spot on! I cannot imagine anything as mind destroying as losing your child. I am sure I would try anything just to get through the trauma - and I would never be the same.....

I think you're 100% wrong. Thankfully neither of us have lost a child, but I know people who have and it is not something that leads to a normal set of behaviour

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It's not the same, but after my wife had a 3rd miscarriage in a row I took up smoking again. Even so I would be completely devastated to even contemplate losing one of my kids.

(Thankfully a few months after the 3rd miscarriage she fell pregnant again and this one stuck, we got a fit and healthy girl! And I got told to stop smoking! haha!)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
A shame in my view that the FA aren't taken a stronger stance and setting an example with their treatement of druggies like him.

Really? Is it relevant to football? Or is it just because you think he was setting a bad example?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I can't remember too many times previously but the FA have made a common sense and compassionate decision. To lose a child must be the amongst the worst emotions any human can go through, and to have it compounded by having your career and passion taken away too, must be awful for anyone.

Possibly different if it was performance related but if it was done due to grief you would have to be a heartless ******* to want to ban him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here