Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Wilson

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Derby, Forest or Middlesbrough. They like adding to their collection of players no one else can have

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Presumably a loan whereby, if fit, he must be played? I don't think we need anything like this at the moment. Competition for places keeps players hungry and we are going very well. This may change of course, but I hope that we can avoid taking any players on loan who are guaranteed a start.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Presumably a loan whereby, if fit, he must be played? I don't think we need anything like this at the moment. Competition for places keeps players hungry and we are going very well. This may change of course, but I hope that we can avoid taking any players on loan who are guaranteed a start.

Not sure about that, heavily linked with Derby. Would they really start him consistently over Martin and Bent?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Agree with you on both. Not sure why they'd loan him out to a Championship club if he wasn't going to play.

scooter1

How soon is now?
We don't need any loan players at this time. We have a good squad, with a few(Elvis and Murphy) who still need a bit more bedding in time.
Sure it would be nice to pick up a striker who will get 20+ goals, but these kind of players rarely become available as no club with a sound mind would let a 20 goal striker out on loan

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree with you on both. Not sure why they'd loan him out to a Championship club if he wasn't going to play.

I agree with you and Icy. They'll require guaranteed game time for going out to a Championship club, and that really has got to rule Derby and Boro out. I'm a little torn as to whether we should go for him. It looks as though we've got a varied, settled and quality squad at present. But he's got two things that are extremely precious at this level: pace and finishing.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I don't think the name is anywhere near flair enough. It does not really stack up against the exotic international range of names we have signed this summer, such as Gaetan Bong, Liam Rosenior, Tomer Hemed, Bobby Zamora, Niki Maenpaa.

We need exotic names to baffle the opposition's coaching staff in their pre-match briefings.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I don't think they will HAVE to play him but to afford him they might have to.

I'm sure Aspinall last season said that a lot of loan deals now mean if you don't play them then you have to cover 100% of the players wages that week. Parent clubs only subsidise the wages when they are playing games.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Derby or Sheffield Wednesday or Middlesborough I reckon - as another said they seem to be busy hoovering up players so that other teams can't have them

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We've got enough players and can't keep spending the cash for the sake of it.

No point in signing a striker, only for a winger to be injured a day later.

Save the money unless it's absolutely needed, and have a bigger cash pot in January, or the February loan window.

This loan window should really be about loans away for Chicksen, Colunga, and maybe Holla.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here