Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF we don't sell out this sat then when will we

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
After the horrific events that happened in shoreham on 22nd AUG 2015 & the association that some of the victims that day
had with the Albion.
I am amazed that saturdays game is not a sell out already.

Add the fact that it will be BZ first game at the AMEX

If that is not enough there is the small fact that it will be 1ST vs 2nd

IF we cannot sellout this game then when will we sellout a league game at the AMEX

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
We didn't sell out the Derby play off game. We only sell out for the glamour games like the Gunners and Liverpool. We have too many plastic fans it seems. I hope I'm proved wrong.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Even if the home end sells out I can't see hull bringing many more than 1500 so what's that, 28k

I suspect we'll see 26k which regardless of league position is fantastic.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Wolves was a sell out a couple of years ago

It certainly was, as would have been at least one of the Palace games I would have thought. Hull will probably be a few thousand shy of capacity - BZ and the Shoreham tragedy are not going to be overly relevant to floating football fans, and throw in £30 for the cheapest ticket and it's a guaranteed recipe for a non-sellout.

el punal

We didn't sell out the Derby play off game. We only sell out for the glamour games like the Gunners and Liverpool. We have too many plastic fans it seems. I hope I'm proved wrong.
So what is your definition of a plastic fan? For me, I thought it was someone who follows a "big" club without actually going to any games. Doesn't really apply to little, old Brighton though does it?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
i would understand if we were playing poorly but we are not.

2 seasons ago when we over achieved by getting into the play offs we averaged nearly 27000.
last season was forgettable but we still averaged nearly 25000

So here we are Top of the league unbeaten so far.Our prodigal son returning (BZ) its also 1st vs 2nd &
we also need to pay tribute to the shoreham disaster.

come on

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
For Christ sake does it really matter if we don't sell out? I'm sorry to say but the air disaster doesn't sway everybody. Our attendances are bloody excellent as it is.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
For Christ sake does it really matter if we don't sell out? I'm sorry to say but the air disaster doesn't sway everybody. Our attendances are bloody excellent as it is.

Forget shoreham.

We are top of the league & we are playing 2nd in the league.BZ will be making his Amex debut.
The weather is still warmish why wouldn't you want to watch this game.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
why wouldn't you want to watch this game.

It will be a loss.

Larger crowds make it difficult to get to the Amex.

Whether.

Or not to go to the pub.

Wife doesn't want to go.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

Period.

Stockers hasn't paid his owed at your pub.

Lazy.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Whatever happens it will be one of, if not, the highest attendance in the championship this week. It's still early season and people are only just getting back to work from summer holidays. It's never the best time to expect a sell out. The Shoreham air crash will rightly be a focus for those already going, but I doubt that it will pull very many more along. As suggested above, Hull is a long way away and they are unlikely to fill their allocation. We should be proud of our attendance record

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Even if the home end sells out I can't see hull bringing many more than 1500 so what's that, 28k

I suspect we'll see 26k which regardless of league position is fantastic.
Take a 1000 or so off the Hull support there, no way will they bring anywhere near that number

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not sure about 'forget Shoreham' comment earlier, but anyway. ...
Next sellout? Late April when we clinch the Championship.......:whistle:

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
If we are still in the top 5 then either Brentford 5th Feb or Leeds 27 Feb. Chalton 5th December probably too close to Christmas.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
i would understand if we were playing poorly but we are not.

2 seasons ago when we over achieved by getting into the play offs we averaged nearly 27000.
last season was forgettable but we still averaged nearly 25000

So here we are Top of the league unbeaten so far.Our prodigal son returning (BZ) its also 1st vs 2nd &
we also need to pay tribute to the shoreham disaster.

come on

But those average attendances are misleading. We never really had 25000 people in the stadium last season. Fans were put off by the football, results, lack of hope, general sense of misery etc. We lost over 10% of season ticket holders this season. A lot of them are still not ready to come back, still worried the football is going to go tits up.

Rightly or wrongly, like it or not, some fans - in fact some people all over sussex - aren't particularly affected by the disaster, or don't feel it, or did, but have processed their feelinigs and are ready to move on and get back to just enjoying football. They don't want to join in with the mass outpouring of grief over people who are strangers to them. Chances are a significant number of people who do go won't be there for the memorial. I'm sure they will be respectful, clap along with the minutes applause, not make an issue of it, share platitudes and 'there but for the grace of god...' etc.

The early success will give us a little bump, being september and kids back at school mean fewer fans away on summer holidays, countered by the fact our last few home games v Hull haven't been exactly thrilling, and the fact we were so were poor last year people don't think this little run will last.

It won't sell out.

When will we? When we have proven it isn't just a purple patch. When it looks like the premier league is on the horizon. When we reach the premier league and are facing the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, etc and season tickets limit the number of match day tickets (unlike the cup matches we've had v Arsenal and Liverpool or the friendlies v Tottenham and Chelsea).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whether we sell out or not, anything north of 25k for second division football is absolutely OUTSTANDING. We consistently get the highest gates outside of the PL - why not just enjoy that fact, instead of getting all hung-up about it not being 30k+.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Our prodigal son returning (BZ)

How on earth could Zamora be described as a prodigal son? He's spent virtually his entire career, since leaving us, in the PL and has played for England. Why do you think he's wasted his talents? By virtually any reckoning, he's had a successful career

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here