• Supermarket value

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Dont buy Baked Beans

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just had baked beans on toast for brekkie and they were awful no taste to the sauce. Wife normally buys Branstons but HP were on offer so she bought those big mistake.

Which brand does everybody else buy?.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Cold Heinz baked beans all the way.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I hate Heinz beans. Branston and Supermarket own for me and as Tricky Dicky states, get rid of the Juice, I bloody hate soggy beans on toast.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Far to much juice in Heinz beans for my liking. The same for their tinned Spaghetti too.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Smedley, Whole Earth, Friend's, Ayam or Cross & Blackwell. "Other", then.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Branstons became - and gasified - the biz in the last couple of years eh. They're my current fave, but I tend to find with age, and until the girlfriend gets another job, that I go for a Tesco or Sainsburys baked bean that is around the 43p mark. If any quality bean from Heinz or Branston is available for the 50p-ish mark, i'll go for it. I am happy to spend around 80p on a lovely tin of butter beans though, and fry those little sizzlers for a bit to accompany a quorny meat impersonator.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i used to be in the Heinz camp, but a recent stock issue left only the Branston, and i have converted since. sauce is not as sweet, seems a bit richer flavoured. avoided own brands since a student, they make up the price difference in poor quality beans and drowning them in sauce.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here