Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Queen

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Absolutely. Remarkable woman.

The royal family has taken a bit of bashing these last few years, not the least due to some of the antics of its younger members, and the suspicion, that "they are in it for the money" (who isn't?) but it is fair to say that the queen herself commands tremendous respect here and throughout the world by and large.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
God bless her

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Fair movie :thumbsup:

queen dvd.jpg

Congratulations and Hopefully she will read this thread

Possibly, I remember that she used to stand near us (heavily disguised) on the South West terrace at the Goldstone. Some of the language she used would have made a docker blush. Assume she has a box at the Amex.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Her Royal Highness - The Queen

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

God bless her majesty, she has served this country fantastically, more than it has ever deserved and to that we all owe her a debt of gratitude.

A little dissapointed more has not been made of this, only half an hour in the Commons today where usual business is postponed to allow MP's to pay tribute to her, almost impossible in such a short time.

Lets hope there are many more years to come.

Nicholas Whitchell as ever puts it very well...

By BBC royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell

It will be day 23,226 of her reign. The Queen is determined that it should in no way be exceptional.

She has let it be known with some emphasis that she does not want a fuss to be made. Typical of such a selfless woman who has given so much to the British people and many other worldwide.

It is evidently viewed as bad form for one long-lived queen to be seen in any way to be celebrating the passing of a record set by another long-lived queen.

But of course that is precisely why 9 September 2015 is notable in its way. Elizabeth II will become the longest-reigning monarch in British history, passing the record set by her great-great-grandmother Victoria.

And in an institution as old as the monarchy, that is a rather striking measure to add to the other memorable features of her reign.

She may not want there to be a fuss but it would seem that many, many millions of British citizens, to say nothing of those from further afield, believe that her record-breaking reign deserves more than a little recognition.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Outstanding feat that, staying alive for so long given the wretched poverty and inhumane conditions she battles on a daily basis.

[TWEET]641521618615988225[/TWEET]

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
*Binfest-ometer starts twitching"

Anyway, gawd bless 'er. Lovely old girl.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yep. She has had it tough. I don't see 63 years as an achievement really, all she had to do was not die, which is pretty easy when you have the absolute best of everything.
I can see why some like her. Personally I've got nowt against the woman. What she represents and the monarchy as a concept I have a huge issue with. Basically she's a useless , loaded old woman. Can't hate her, can't love her, don't respect her.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep. She has had it tough. I don't see 63 years as an achievement really, all she had to do was not die, which is pretty easy when you have the absolute best of everything.
I can see why some like her. Personally I've got nowt against the woman. What she represents and the monarchy as a concept I have a huge issue with. Basically she's a useless , loaded old woman. Can't hate her, can't love her, don't respect her.

It wasn't pretty easy for her father who died aged 52.
I worked for 50 years before retiring last year. I really didn't fancy working for another 23 years. Maybe some are forgetting that she did royal duties before she was crowned Queen.
The Commonwealth countries are mostly still in favour of keeping her as head of state, so she must be doing something right.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It wasn't pretty easy for her father who died aged 52.
I worked for 50 years before retiring last year. I really didn't fancy working for another 23 years. Maybe some are forgetting that she did royal duties before she was crowned Queen.
The Commonwealth countries are mostly still in favour of keeping her as head of state, so she must be doing something right.

Lots of people died young in her Fathers generation. 52 was quite a good age the .
She has a certain charm I suppose. I imagine lots of crazy cat women like her.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lots of people died young in her Fathers generation. 52 was quite a good age the .
She has a certain charm I suppose. I imagine lots of crazy cat women like her.

That generation included her mother who lived to 104. Genetics plays a bigger part in lifespan, than wealth.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Nicholas Whitchell as ever puts it very well...

By BBC royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell

It will be day 23,226 of her reign. The Queen is determined that it should in no way be exceptional.

She has let it be known with some emphasis that she does not want a fuss to be made. Typical of such a selfless woman who has given so much to the British people and many other worldwide.

It is evidently viewed as bad form for one long-lived queen to be seen in any way to be celebrating the passing of a record set by another long-lived queen.

But of course that is precisely why 9 September 2015 is notable in its way. Elizabeth II will become the longest-reigning monarch in British history, passing the record set by her great-great-grandmother Victoria.

And in an institution as old as the monarchy, that is a rather striking measure to add to the other memorable features of her reign.

She may not want there to be a fuss but it would seem that many, many millions of British citizens, to say nothing of those from further afield, believe that her record-breaking reign deserves more than a little recognition.

I feel Nick Wichall deserves an OBN for that summation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here