Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BA flight catches fire in Vegas

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Luckily nobody killed. Flight BA2276 to Gatwick.

COaspLqUwAA2LL0.jpg:large

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
BA flight catches fire in Vegas

Not that I want to be pedantic, but I think you'll find that it was the aircraft that caught fire, not the flight. In fact I'm not exactly sure how easy it would be for a "flight" to catch fire.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
This is not the news you want to see 3 days before you are due to get on a British Airways flight.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is not the news you want to see 3 days before you are due to get on a British Airways flight.
God no. If I was due to get on a BA flight in a few days time, I wouldn't be able to sleep. I wouldn't get any work done, I wouldn't be able to take my mind off the potential disaster that waits. Imagine that engine failure at 30,000 feet. Jesus.

My thoughts to anyone who's supposed to be flying in the next few days.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
It is because BA will make dammed sure that all their planes are examined with a fine tooth comb which they do already

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
God no. If I was due to get on a BA flight in a few days time, I wouldn't be able to sleep. I wouldn't get any work done, I wouldn't be able to take my mind off the potential disaster that waits. Imagine that engine failure at 30,000 feet. Jesus.

My thoughts to anyone who's supposed to be flying in the next few days.
I have thoughts with anyone flying around this poignant date.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Unbelievable pictures of people having evacuated the aircraft dragging wheeley suitcases along the tarmac ..!!!

The Guardian piece by the journalist on the flight did a good job describing the strange mindset that gripped them all. Who knows how we'd each react? Some would perhaps have had no idea about how serious it was 'bloodyhell, another delay', others would have been gripped with terror.

Obviously you don't want anyone grabbing suitcases, but likewise fear and panic are strange reactions often prompting unpredictable behaviours. They all got off, so for the most part, the skill of the pilot and the safety procedures worked.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here