Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booking a Scandinavian holiday - Any tips?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Have already been to Aarhus in Denmark, which me and the wife absolutely loved.

Looking to do Scandinavia again in the next month or so, flights even at late notice are very cheap and seen plenty of Airbnb places we'd be happy with.

Wanted to know any tips on which cities people think are best, from Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki etc? Also which areas have good scenery/countryside nearby, for a mix of City and Rural.

Thanks

Oct 25, 2003
me and my wife are also hoping to go to scandinavia in jan/feb (which we appreciate will be freezing) so will watch this thread with interest

I've been to gothenburg with an ex girlfriend which was a pretty cool place

can you tell me more about aarhus as it's somewhere i was thinking of

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Went recently to Malmo, nice picturesque city on the sea, just twenty mins across the bridge from Copenhagen. Helsingborgs and Helsingor also nearby . Had a great time, thoroughly recommend it

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Had a great long weekend out in Gothenberg last year. Lot's of great cafes, bars and places to hang out at and is easy to get about. Worth doing a boat cruise out to one of the islands too and seeing the seals and other wildlife. Also Liseberg which is a theme park in the city is worth going to if you like rollercoasters.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't take the wife for Christ's sake,the women are absolute filth!

Don't worry, I spent most of the time in Denmark last year pointing out to my wife how ridiculously attractive the local Danes were. She didn't even get annoyed, she had to acknowledge it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here