Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help needed: how much should a new combi-boiler cost?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
We're looking to replace our old combi boiler in our bathroom and just had a quote for around £2,200, is that the going rate please? Seems a little high to me but I must confess I'm completely ignorant about these things.

many thanks in advance.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Just had mine done...for top of the range weimann including a load of pipe remodelling £2700

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Had ours done two years ago - £1900 all in, with a removal of two tanks, addition of three radiators, and a lot of pipe work.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Had a Worcester combi installed in my flat about a year ago. It cost just under £2K for boiler plus installation. Could've got a cheaper boiler installed for £1600, but decided extra was worth it for 7 year guarantee.

Worth getting another quote off of a different installer, but sounds about right.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We've had a Worcester Grecnstar 24I junior with flue installed recently, including VAT the boiler and flue were £910

We then had a digistat £105, Magnaclean Pro chemical flush £123.67, Worcs plume management kit £60, Worcs mech time switch £52, plus some other bits and pieces, so altogether parts were £1324 inc VAT.

We had a bit of a deal on the installation as it was our neighbour, but I had other quotes total at £1900 and £2100. Installed by a Gas Safe installer of course.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Really depends how much pipe work etc you need. But for a straightforward installation of one of the top of the range models I was charged £1250 about 8 months ago.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Someone is taking the piss we just had one done £400 for the boiler and £300 labour.

I think we need some more details.

Either you had a very good friend do this and they made no profit whatsoever.
Or someone working for a company did this as a cash private job and ( could have) used stolen materials.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Ours was £2200 but had a quote for a Worcester for £1700 but had so many problems with the last Worcester. (Apparently the most call backs are for Worcester)

Seems reasonable

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Ours was £2200 but had a quote for a Worcester for £1700 but had so many problems with the last Worcester. (Apparently the most call backs are for Worcester)

Seems reasonable

My Boiler man fits Worcester's in his sleep:yawn:
Averages £1800 inc.
With long guarantee provided he services each year.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Having a combi fitted on Monday. Including taking out the tanks, a new Worcester boiler, thermostats on all radiators and a wireless control comes to £1800.

Jul 7, 2003
First of all, get three or four quotes from different firms to compare. We did this and had a range of quotes with about £700 difference from cheapest to most expensive.

Actual cost depends on the boiler you need - a small modern house needs a less powerful boiler than a large old house, the number of bathrooms you have also affects the choice. We chose Worcester over Ideal as they have a good warranty and are generally seen as much more reliable.

Not sure where you are but we chose N J Lees for our installation and they were very good. Bang on time, no extra costs and very tidy workers.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
had one replaced 3 years ago. The old one was massive. They had to take it out and take it away, do all the pipework and install a new on the wall one. The total cost of boiler plus labour [no VAT] was circa 2k. Could easily have paid up to 4 k for a better boiler. 2 guys did the job in a day and each time I look I think, that's some serious good work those guys did compared with say a footballer who occasionally plays well for entertainment. You might get the job done cheaper but your quote seems about average to me.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
had one replaced 3 years ago. The old one was massive. They had to take it out and take it away, do all the pipework and install a new on the wall one. The total cost of boiler plus labour [no VAT] was circa 2k. Could easily have paid up to 4 k for a better boiler. 2 guys did the job in a day and each time I look I think, that's some serious good work those guys did compared with say a footballer who occasionally plays well for entertainment. You might get the job done cheaper but your quote seems about average to me.

With great repect - your post is hard to work out.
Was the better boiler gold plated?
No vat-cowboy plumbers?
The two guys charged you £1000 for a days work:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here