Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train to Wolves.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Guessing the answer will be I've simply left it too late, but me and a few friends have just bought tickets for Wolves away. We wan to get the train up so we can have a few beers but the prices are mental. £70-80 each from Shoreham.

Is there a cheaper way of doing this on the train? (bar the obvious answer of getting on a train and praying for the luckiest journey ever) or is it just going to end up being a very expensive day out?

There's a group of four of us, and we'll be grateful to anybody who can help.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Guessing the answer will be I've simply left it too late, but me and a few friends have just bought tickets for Wolves away. We wan to get the train up so we can have a few beers but the prices are mental. £70-80 each from Shoreham.

Is there a cheaper way of doing this on the train? (bar the obvious answer of getting on a train and praying for the luckiest journey ever) or is it just going to end up being a very expensive day out?

Groupsave (4 for the price of 2) from Shoreham to London Victoria? - not sure you can get all the way to Wolves on Group Save though?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks

Book separate journey's. Virgin are doing return from Euston to Wolves £27 each for groups of 3+. Southern offer group savings to London. Should come to more like £40-£50.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Have a look at the slow train to Birmingham Snow Hill.

Having said that, there's still singles to be had at £6 a pop to Birmingham New St (fast train), arriving into Birmingham at 10am. Early, but plenty of time for the pub. It's only about £5 return to Wolves from there, and far better place to drink. Then get a groupsave travelcard thingy to London, which should be around £10-15 each with 4 of you.

Virgin were doing £10 return from London, although I snapped those up months back.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Shoreham to London (All Zones Travelcard) is £15.40 return on Southern.

London Midland is £18.50 return each for a group of 4 from Euston to Wolverhampton.

£33.90 total

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I often wonder exactly how many more fans would go to away games were it not for crazy train fares.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Southern group save - £36 for all 4. Change at Clapham and you can travel all the way to Milton Keynes with Southern (arrive at 12pm, leaving Worthing at 9ish ) missing the tube etc by scooting around west London Chelsea way

Book Virgin trains from MK to Wolves - £16 each return and only a short wait at MK of circa 20 mins (if tickets still available)

Total cost is then £25 each return!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Southern group save - £36 for all 4. Change at Clapham and you can travel all the way to Milton Keynes with Southern (arrive at 12pm, leaving Worthing at 9ish ) missing the tube etc by scooting around west London Chelsea way

Book Virgin trains from MK to Wolves - £16 each return and only a short wait at MK of circa 20 mins (if tickets still available)

Total cost is then £25 each return!

Didn't get it quite as cheap (£35), but went this way in the end, largely to cut out the hassle of the Underground whilst pissed. Leaving Shoreham about 9am to get the 12:13 from MK so should have time for a couple in Wolves on top of the required Train Beers.

Cheers for the help all. Will be my 46th ground out of the 92. Nice to be finally hitting halfway.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Didn't get it quite as cheap (£35), but went this way in the end, largely to cut out the hassle of the Underground whilst pissed. Leaving Shoreham about 9am to get the 12:13 from MK so should have time for a couple in Wolves on top of the required Train Beers.

Cheers for the help all. Will be my 46th ground out of the 92. Nice to be finally hitting halfway.
Most pubs in Wolverhampton will only admit home fans on production of a home ticket, even the Wetherspoons, think there's only one pub that only admits away fans

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here