Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 3rd ODI: England v Australia

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
England win toss and BAT

Bairstow in for Butler.

Agar, Finch and Pattinson in for Warner, Watson and Coulter-Nile.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Are they still playing cricket? It's September for goodness sake.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Are they still playing cricket? It's September for goodness sake.
I don't think Hales was.
9 off 31 balls, including a boundary.

Get Boycott back.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Two of us watching
There's only two of us watching

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Got it on. Really disappointed Hales fails again. Had high hopes this would be a break through series.

Roy gets a great commanding half century, and is out like a schoolboy - again! What has happened to all the openers in this country!!??

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What is this run rate about? They looked set for 350 at 30 overs, and now they're struggling towards about 300. I know there is an extra boundary rider in the last 10 overs now but this really doesn't look to clever.

Last two matches they've collapsed through the middle order. Understandable I think that after the loss of Morgan and then Stokes, that they've wanted to ensure they get 300 and played sensibly, rather than collapse to 280 or something. Sensible batting I think, hopefully these last 5 overs will be productive!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This could still be a useful total. The bounce with the old ball is making it hard to really push on, and it won't be any better for the Aussies.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I never understand why these ODI's take place AFTER the Ashes. Nobody really gives a toss, its a massive case of after the lord mayors show.

The ODI's and 20/20's should be the warm-ups before the Main Event. A chance for players to play themselves in (or out) of the Test squad, or give the selectors something to think about.

This is like having a huge great party that's gone on all day, then it gets to 3am, you just want to go to bed but you've still got several guests milling about who you just can't get rid of.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I never understand why these ODI's take place AFTER the Ashes. Nobody really gives a toss, its a massive case of after the lord mayors show.

The ODI's and 20/20's should be the warm-ups before the Main Event. A chance for players to play themselves in (or out) of the Test squad, or give the selectors something to think about.

This is like having a huge great party, then it gets to 3am, you just want to go to bed but you've still got several guests milling about who you can't get rid of.

Used to be didn't it. 2005 KP played himself into the Ashes side with his performances in the ODI's before the test series. I wonder if the World Cup changed that for this year?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Used to be didn't it. 2005 KP played himself into the Ashes side with his performances in the ODI's before the test series. I wonder if the World Cup changed that for this year?

They used to, but regardless of the World Cup, the ODI's have followed the Ashes for the last few series haven't they ? Including the ones Down Under. After that 5-0 whitewash I would've thought everyone just wanted to get back on a plane asap, not hang around and plod through a tedious ODI series in the immediate aftermath.

If they did it the other way round it could only whet the appetite for what was to come. This way round is pointless to me, and holds very little interest. I'd forgotten all about it tbh, till I saw this thread.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Hales keeps getting caught in the ring.......... He must be uncomfortable with that .

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

That was what the 2 tests and the ODI series against NZ was for.

Cricket fans still give quite a large toss that we give the world champion Aussies a run for their money in this series.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here