Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dental Implants, any recommendations?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have had a lot of dental work over the years and now have a lot of gaps, stumps and failing bridgework. Starting to look a bit hillbilly, so I am thinking of shelling out for Dental Implants but have seen varying costs. I would of course like to spend as little as possible, but dont want a bodge job so I am asking the great and the good of NSC for recommendations and experiences, especially if you went to eastern europe for the work.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
rylan_1809297a.jpg

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Had mine done 10 years ago when the technology was not as good as today but i believe the same concept applies . The best decision i ever made dental wise as i have had no trouble and they are stronger than my original teeth. I lost front four playing football !
My advice is to research on internet as there are different types of materials for the actual teeth etc . Also go and chat to a couple of clinics

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Do not cut costs.

A lot of overseas and cheap places here ( radio advert etc) cut corners everywhere
Use non branded copy implants etc.
you really need good planning and good follow up. If implants are going to fail it is usually within first 5 years.
Some places fit them then say good bye. This should be avoided.

Pm me

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Had mine done 10 years ago when the technology was not as good as today but i believe the same concept applies . The best decision i ever made dental wise as i have had no trouble and they are stronger than my original teeth. I lost front four playing football !
My advice is to research on internet as there are different types of materials for the actual teeth etc . Also go and chat to a couple of clinics

I got loads done and it cost a lot but agree best money ever spent. I also know someone who got theirs done in Hungary for a fifth of what it costs here and they used it to have a couple of breaks in Hungary sightseeing as well. You can also get all the consultations and check ups done in UK clinics with only the work done in Hungary and it still costs a lot less. Flights and hotels to Hungary are really cheap at the moment as well for obvious reasons

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Walter Palmer, seems a really nice bloke ............................... only problem is he will firstly inject you and let you walk around for a day before injecting you again to get rid of the pain.

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
Do not cut costs.

A lot of overseas and cheap places here ( radio advert etc) cut corners everywhere
Use non branded copy implants etc.
you really need good planning and good follow up. If implants are going to fail it is usually within first 5 years.
Some places fit them then say good bye. This should be avoided.

Pm me

Did a lot of research before I had an implant and came to exactly the same conclusion as this. Ended up being expensive, but I feel it is one of those situations where doing it on the cheap isn't likely to be a good thing in the long-run.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I have had a lot of dental work over the years and now have a lot of gaps, stumps and failing bridgework. Starting to look a bit hillbilly, so I am thinking of shelling out for Dental Implants but have seen varying costs. I would of course like to spend as little as possible, but dont want a bodge job so I am asking the great and the good of NSC for recommendations and experiences, especially if you went to eastern europe for the work.

at least you've got a full head of...ah

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Abbotts Lodge, Rustington. I had the whole upper set replaced because of a crumbling upper jaw. Jaw stabilised, six implants and a permanent titanium upper set. Had them about 10yrs, like my own teeth. Very pleased although they did cost over £13,000

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Easy Answer

Had problems with upper teeth for years and got to the point where there was an infection in the bone and it was becoming painful to bite. So six weeks ago I got the whole top row done on 4 implants by Bruno Da Silva at 'Brighton Implant Clinic' in Church Road. Took out a loan for the 7.5 k that it cost. On the website they quote £6500 - £7500 for a full row and the Initial appointment and scans were all free. Brighton Implant Clinic is also the most economical, I could have shaved a grand off by going to Croatia but wouldn't take the risk. Very pleased and thoroughly recommended.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Thanks to all who have offered advice.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I had my bottom front teeth knocked out a few years back, two root canals didn't fix one of them so have had a fake one cemented to the two teeth either side for nearly two years now, touch wood its never become loose or fallen out, and much cheaper then an implant

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Well I had one way back in 1998 at a dentist in Hertfordshire, absolutely perfect but hellishly expensive, £1500 all that time ago.

However you could do a lot worse than suss southern Spain out. My wife had an infection in the top jaw bone that necessitated removal of front two teeth, bone graft to rebuild, temporaries whilst bone was settling, state of the art double implant. Total cost 1800 euros. By pure coincidence a family friend had exactly the same problem in the UK. Her total cost for the same treatment £5200, to me it's a 'no brainer'. For a simple, single implant here you will pay between 600 - 900 euros, at today's exchange rate, well enough said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here