Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drone strike in Syria

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
WTF did the family of reyaad khan did they think he was up to in Syria going by his tweets ??

Saleem Kidwai, Secretary General of the Muslim Council of Wales, said Khan's family knew of his death about 10 days ago but the prime minister's revelation about the drone strike was the first they had heard about how he died.
"They weren't aware how he died and that was why it was a shock to the community that it was a drone attack and he was getting involved in terrorist activities," he told BBC Radio Wales.
"The community would like to have more information on what he wanted to do for him to be killed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-34183320

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
WTF did the family of reyaad khan did they think he was up to in Syria going by his tweets ??

Saleem Kidwai, Secretary General of the Muslim Council of Wales, said Khan's family knew of his death about 10 days ago but the prime minister's revelation about the drone strike was the first they had heard about how he died.
"They weren't aware how he died and that was why it was a shock to the community that it was a drone attack and he was getting involved in terrorist activities," he told BBC Radio Wales.

"The community would like to have more information on what he wanted to do for him to be killed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-34183320

It is possible that they did not know about the drone strike, as Isis would not wish to confirm that these missiles can target their people with such accuracy. But any suggestion that they simply had no idea what he was doing there follows a long line of similar denials, which are utterly unbelievable.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It is possible that they did not know about the drone strike, as Isis would not wish to confirm that these missiles can target their people with such accuracy. But any suggestion that they simply had no idea what he was doing there follows a long line of similar denials, which are utterly unbelievable.

did they he was there for a sunshine holiday

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The wider issue is Cameron bypassing Parliament to authorise taking military action, based on intelligence that HE saw that warned of "an imminent threat to the UK".

That sounds somehow familiar...

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
If you are going to highlight a point just using bold will do. Italic, underlined and bold is a bit OTT.
Just as long as you comment on the relevant points eh ? :lolol:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The wider issue is Cameron bypassing Parliament to authorise taking military action, based on intelligence that HE saw that warned of "an imminent threat to the UK".

Yes, this is the danger that we get sucked in again into something that we cannot control. Of course we will never know the ins and outs of the intelligence received, but given that DC would have known the type of criticism that he would face, and that no politician ever wants to look bad, on balance I would be prepared to accept that this limited action was probably necessary.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

The intelligence on these two was proper and targeted just these individuals.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Since this morning, this particular quote from Our Lord and Master seems to have been removed.

"There was a terrorist directing murder on our streets and no other means to stop him. This government does not for one moment take these decisions lightly," Mr Cameron said.
"But I am not prepared to stand here in the aftermath of a terrorist attack on our streets and have to explain to the House why I did not take the chance to prevent it when I could have done."

Hear, hear.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Yes, this is the danger that we get sucked in again into something that we cannot control. Of course we will never know the ins and outs of the intelligence received, but given that DC would have known the type of criticism that he would face, and that no politician ever wants to look bad, on balance I would be prepared to accept that this limited action was probably necessary.

By the time that Parliament had debated the "ins and outs" they would have missed a perfect opportunity to remove a radical British Jihadist. I don't necessarily agree, but I'm glad I'm not the one making the decision. In this instance I think David got it right.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

The intelligence on these two was proper and targeted just these individuals.

So we're told, and that's all we'll ever know about it. Again, we just have to "trust" our politicians on it, exactly as we did with the whole WMD argument.

Hard not to be cynical though, isn't it ? Air strikes in Syria could be the thin end of a very, very big wedge which I thought we were doing everything to avoid. But now...we're getting sucked in.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't see a problem with it, by joining ISIS and inviting others to join on video is a declaration of war on the UK. My only surprise is that they knew where they were to carry out the operation.

Shame we cannot carry out a drone strike on Choudary in the UK.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's even harder to give a toss about the deaths of 2 Jihadists, if I'm honest.

My heart certainly doesn't bleed for them either. They made their choice, and paid for it with their lives.

But does this now represent a new phase of another conflict we're going to get directly involved with ? If there's one thing history has taught us, once you start upping the stakes, its a slippery slope towards getting drawn deeper and deeper in.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So we're told, and that's all we'll ever know about it. Again, we just have to "trust" our politicians on it, exactly as we did with the whole WMD argument.

Hard not to be cynical though, isn't it ? Air strikes in Syria could be the thin end of a very, very big wedge which I thought we were doing everything to avoid. But now...we're getting sucked in.

In the grand scheme of things, these two individuals were not worth the price of the missile if they were not a threat to the UK. Their demise will in no way have any effect on the war in Syria, or draw us into the conflict there, does not improve our standing with the US or secure oil supplies, so I see no reason to be cynical.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here