Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

podcastson football

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Guardian Football Weekly is excellent

I have added it to my bookmarks thanks!

Any with a more Championship flavour though? Like We Are Going Up!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Football Ramble is the best by some way for me. Really funny, and I think they pretty much get it spot on in regards most subjects (FIFA, England, Modern Football etc)

Guardian Football Weekly is decent also, but not as funny. Some of the journos come across incredibly cynical and world weary as well.

Tuesday Club is great - Arsenal podcast by Alan Davies, don't generally find him that funny on TV but find this very listenable, him and a load of mates who clearly have been going to the games for years so get a nice insight.

Cannot stand The Times Football Podcast - purely down to Gabriel Marcotti. Loves the sound of his own voice, you can hear him BREATHING a lot of the time, and for a host he is very argumentative.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Ramble, Football Weekly & Tuesday Club all very good in their own way. The Game (Times) is listenable when they have certain journos on, can't stand the likes of Alyson Rudd and James Scowcroft though. Likewise Sunday Supplement (essentially just an audio recording of the TV show).

The aforementioned We Are Going Up is definitely the best out there as far as lower league podcasts are concerned, they get some pretty good guests on there as well.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Another advocate for football weekly here... I also like the second captains football podcast which is an Irish Times production. They do 2 - one of which is Gaelic sports heavy, which I know NOTHING about, but I like their stuff on the premier league.

longmanofwilmington

Apr 25, 2014
I love the football ramble, but I suspect that's because I get all of the references they make. I tried to get my brother (17) into it and he didn't find it funny because he didn't know anything about mid 90's premiership football. The Albion roar is absolutely fantastic. It's well organised, informative and the guests are usually fascinating. It must be one of the best single club podcasts/radio shows going.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Although it's a Leeds podcast I would still give The Square Ball a go. Done by the guys who produced the fanzine they are very funny blokes who are proper fans of the club. Despite them supporting a different team, as a fan of a club in the same division a lot of the conversation is very relatable. They're not afraid to poke fun at themselves either, their rants about Ken Bates or Steve Morison have given me proper belly laughs before. A very enjoyable listen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here