Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Football Manager 2016 - The Official Thread

0 Not allowed!
    It's time once again to start the buildup to the latest iteration of the most addictive game on the planet, and we have a load of new features to look forward to as described here:

http://www.footballmanager.com/footb...6-key-features

Release set for the 13th of November.

REMF Quiz Champion 2016

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Every damn year I say "I'm happy with FM##, I won't bother with the new one" and then they go and announce it and I instantly pre-order.

I'm so weak.
      'Football implies the desire to suffer' - Theodor Adorno
      Football V Homophobia | Football v Homophobia in association with Pride Sports
      He's Magic.... You Know RM-Taylor's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Not wanting to put a dampner on things but it seems to me that FM is trying too hard to add new features and is becoming more of a coaching game rather than just the days of good old Championship Manager where all you had to do was choose your team, dabble in the transfer market and see the game go by via the text on the screen.

0 Not allowed!
      I need a new laptop and i want it to play this game faultlessly, any recomendations?
      "you killed the Quattro!"

0 Not allowed!
      The new manager options of selecting your appearance looks good. I wonder if there is a Mr Blobby option so that you can look like Mr.Evans.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by RM-Taylor View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not wanting to put a dampner on things but it seems to me that FM is trying too hard to add new features and is becoming more of a coaching game rather than just the days of good old Championship Manager where all you had to do was choose your team, dabble in the transfer market and see the game go by via the text on the screen.
      I think it's much more in-depth, and so realistic, than it used to be - whether that's a good thing or not is personal preference, I personally love all the new stuff each year.

They usually have a classic mode included that is more akin to the stripped back games of the earlier years, so something for everyone.
      REMF Quiz Champion 2016

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Fred Oliver - Legend View Post
      I need a new laptop and i want it to play this game faultlessly, any recomendations?
      Depends on what your budget is but if you aren't intending to play any other game just buy a laptop with 8 gb of ram and a decent i5 processor, anything more would be overkill unless you are planning to play with all leagues loaded!

0 Not allowed!
      sigh...I've already pre-ordered it.

I'm looking forward to the new fantasy draft mode, I've already got a few people who would be willing to give that a go.

And thank god, they've finally added "create a club mode" to the normal game, I guess that's even more hours of my life down the drain.
      Football. F**king football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor, half-alive B*stards. - Danny Baker

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SweatyMexican View Post
      sigh...I've already pre-ordered it.

I'm looking forward to the new fantasy draft mode, I've already got a few people who would be willing to give that a go.

And thank god, they've finally added "create a club mode" to the normal game, I guess that's even more hours of my life down the drain.
      Oh really? This might drag me back in, when is it released?
      Whale Oil Beef Hooked

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SweatyMexican View Post

(
      I love the look of that feature, just a shame it looks like it is only for multiplayer mode

Personally, I'm getting so bored of Football Manager now, I am not a tactical genius so just end up finding a tactic online and end up winning everything far to easily.

Even adding my own rules, for example, I was only able to buy one player per transfer window, or only allowed to buy players with international caps, was too easy. (Although, I'm thinking next time to start at very small club and only buy players capped by the country I am managing in)
      Meh!