Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2016 - The Official Thread

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Not wanting to put a dampner on things but it seems to me that FM is trying too hard to add new features and is becoming more of a coaching game rather than just the days of good old Championship Manager where all you had to do was choose your team, dabble in the transfer market and see the game go by via the text on the screen.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The new manager options of selecting your appearance looks good. I wonder if there is a Mr Blobby option so that you can look like Mr.Evans.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Not wanting to put a dampner on things but it seems to me that FM is trying too hard to add new features and is becoming more of a coaching game rather than just the days of good old Championship Manager where all you had to do was choose your team, dabble in the transfer market and see the game go by via the text on the screen.
I think it's much more in-depth, and so realistic, than it used to be - whether that's a good thing or not is personal preference, I personally love all the new stuff each year.

They usually have a classic mode included that is more akin to the stripped back games of the earlier years, so something for everyone.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I need a new laptop and i want it to play this game faultlessly, any recomendations?

Depends on what your budget is but if you aren't intending to play any other game just buy a laptop with 8 gb of ram and a decent i5 processor, anything more would be overkill unless you are planning to play with all leagues loaded!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
sigh...I've already pre-ordered it.

I'm looking forward to the new fantasy draft mode, I've already got a few people who would be willing to give that a go.

And thank god, they've finally added "create a club mode" to the normal game, I guess that's even more hours of my life down the drain. :(

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

I'm looking forward to the new fantasy draft mode, I've already got a few people who would be willing to give that a go.

And thank god, they've finally added "create a club mode" to the normal game, I guess that's even more hours of my life down the drain. :(

Oh really? This might drag me back in, when is it released?

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...

(

I love the look of that feature, just a shame it looks like it is only for multiplayer mode :(

Personally, I'm getting so bored of Football Manager now, I am not a tactical genius so just end up finding a tactic online and end up winning everything far to easily.

Even adding my own rules, for example, I was only able to buy one player per transfer window, or only allowed to buy players with international caps, was too easy. (Although, I'm thinking next time to start at very small club and only buy players capped by the country I am managing in)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

What platform is everyone playing this on?

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
I'm playing CM 01/02 with the latest data update (end of last season), and it's great. Free legal download and bossing the Championship with a simple 4-3-3. Up the Albion!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

This is something that I've done in the last few iterations using the editor that comes with the game anyway.

That said, I'm certainly glad that it'll be moved into the main game, should make things a little simpler...

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I love the look of that feature, just a shame it looks like it is only for multiplayer mode :(

Personally, I'm getting so bored of Football Manager now, I am not a tactical genius so just end up finding a tactic online and end up winning everything far to easily.

Even adding my own rules, for example, I was only able to buy one player per transfer window, or only allowed to buy players with international caps, was too easy. (Although, I'm thinking next time to start at very small club and only buy players capped by the country I am managing in)

You should go for the Moneyball challenge.

Also, read this series: http://thesetpieces.com/features/football-manager-meets-moneyball-pt-1/

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

The version on ipad is like the old championship manager in that respect, anyone know if they are updating that version ?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013

I know what you mean, I used to have the same problem, but after reading many, many guides online, I'm not losing 6-0 every game now every time I use my own tactics.

What platform is everyone playing this on?

PC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here