Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Priory

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just noticed some notices on the outside of The Priory applying for planning permission to build 17 x 1 bedroom flats, 17 x 2 bedroom and 7 x 3 bedroom flats I would have thought that it was a listed building.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just noticed some notices on the outside of The Priory applying for planning permission to build 17 x 1 bedroom flats, 17 x 2 bedroom and 7 x 3 bedroom flats I would have thought that it was a listed building.

build or convert?

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Is that the place which used to serve roast dinner ��
I used to go there when I was a little kid. Used to freak me out a little bit.
Near Haywards heath? (burgess hill)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was on the chefs program with Gordon Ramsey telling them where they were going wrong. They did what he said and it never recovered and was then refused permission to be converted to a Spoons.

It was on the chefs program with Gordon Ramsey telling them where they were going wrong. They did what he said and it never recovered and was then refused permission to be converted to a Spoons.

No, they changed to what Ramsey said and almost immediately reverted back to a shit carvery.

During the programme they reffered to the carvery as their "cash cow" Ramsey pointed out it was losing money hand over fist as a carvery.

But they knew better, and lost the lot.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No, they changed to what Ramsey said and almost immediately reverted back to a shit carvery.

During the programme they reffered to the carvery as their "cash cow" Ramsey pointed out it was losing money hand over fist as a carvery.

Correct...and boy was the carvery shit. Went there once, it was awful. Also had a spell as a tapas bar I seem to remember ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Yep, that's how I remember it.

Whether Ramsay's plan would have worked is open to debate, but they thought they knew best and went back to their beloved carvery that had been the cause of their financial worries in the first place. Then discovered even their loyal clientele of pensioners soon got bored of the dried out roast beef & turkey that had been left to congeal under a heat lamp for a couple of hours every Sunday.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
.....the dried out roast beef & turkey that had been left to congeal under a heat lamp for a couple of hours every Sunday.

Making me salivate now salivating.gif

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only reason it was ever visited as a carvery was because of the money off vouchers in the local papers. I must admit to not watching the TV program and obviously got the wrong end of the stick.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The only reason it was ever visited as a carvery was because of the money off vouchers in the local papers. I must admit to not watching the TV program and obviously got the wrong end of the stick.
Oh yes, I think I remember the vouchers being mentioned on the TV show as causing a big problem with the business plan, and finances.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Not like you:eek:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That place existed far longer than it ever deserved. Any place my mum and dad endorsed as good value is a warning to me to avoid, given they describe anywhere charging more than £7.99 for three courses as "a rip off". Pensioners eh? Deluded. Refuse to pay £2.50 for a coffee too when the WI charge 20p....ignoring its not the same product and the latter is staffed by volunteers...but no, it's a RIP-OFF! :) Yes mum, now please shut up because you're not even paying. I am...and breath!!

Jul 7, 2003
That place existed far longer than it ever deserved. Any place my mum and dad endorsed as good value is a warning to me to avoid, given they describe anywhere charging more than £7.99 for three courses as "a rip off". Pensioners eh? Deluded. Refuse to pay £2.50 for a coffee too when the WI charge 20p....ignoring its not the same product and the latter is staffed by volunteers...but no, it's a RIP-OFF! :) Yes mum, now please shut up because you're not even paying. I am...and breath!!

I think your parents should go out for the night with mine - perfectly matched. Mine love those crap pub chains with two meals for under a tenner. My dad has been known to change curry houses because the poppadums' have gone up by 20p.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think your parents should go out for the night with mine - perfectly matched. Mine love those crap pub chains with two meals for under a tenner. My dad has been known to change curry houses because the poppadums' have gone up by 20p.

Be careful if you're going to start slating penny-pinching pensioners on this thread... :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here