Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] JFC

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stream has failed at the substitution. Now returned.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stream is naff. JFC both bad (gives the ball away with a rotten forward ball) and then a good interception to break up a Norway attack.

FT 0-1

Last edited:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
At his age he needs to be playing regular first team football to aid his development. What can he learn by warming the bench for us? I think he's got a decent future ahead of him but the time feels right to send him out on loan (again). We have; Kayal, Stephens, Ince, Holla and Crofts all fighting for those two central midfield spots. Can't see JFC really getting a look in anytime soon so a loan would suit both parties I'd have thought.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
At his age he needs to be playing regular first team football to aid his development. What can he learn by warming the bench for us? I think he's got a decent future ahead of him but the time feels right to send him out on loan (again). We have; Kayal, Stephens, Ince, Holla and Crofts all fighting for those two central midfield spots. Can't see JFC really getting a look in anytime soon so a loan would suit both parties I'd have thought.

What little I saw the whole England team looked naff except Redmond. And, of course, Pickford in the English goal. JFC seemed to know what he was doing. I think these two could be put down to playing first team football.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A bit crazy signing for a top PL team at say 16. Play six seasons in the reserves and then with a 90% chance of moving to a lesser club or just a few seasons at the top*. Why not start at a lesser club and get some proper game time? *Easy to see why Real Madrid got rid of their third team of youngsters.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Ah yes, JFC, the enigma. Picked by loads of managers, so he must be good (according to his supporters) - and in the England U21s that qualified for the recent shenanigans.
BUT, dropped like a hot potato when the serious stuff started, and better players were available for the finals.
Loan to a lower league club? Yes, well we tried that - Oxford wasn't it? They sent him back; the general opinion from there appeared to be 'carp' (or similar). OK, not good in the physicality and kick and rush of the lower leagues - so, he would be better playing with better players round him, playing at a higher standard.
Probably true - but so would anybody, to some extent. My only skill was side-footing the ball five or ten yards quite accurately; I'm sure if I'd been supported by a team of brilliant team-mates, they could have made those look good!
So, he's not going to be poached by a PL club. What is the future? U21s and bench?

I really hope he can come through and deliver the promise he showed when he first came on the scene, but I'm seriously wondering........how?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
From what little I saw JFC did not look out of place . By that I mean he did not look any worse than the rest of them.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ah yes, JFC, the enigma. Picked by loads of managers, so he must be good (according to his supporters) - and in the England U21s that qualified for the recent shenanigans.
BUT, dropped like a hot potato when the serious stuff started, and better players were available for the finals.
Loan to a lower league club? Yes, well we tried that - Oxford wasn't it? They sent him back; the general opinion from there appeared to be 'carp' (or similar). OK, not good in the physicality and kick and rush of the lower leagues - so, he would be better playing with better players round him, playing at a higher standard.
Probably true - but so would anybody, to some extent. My only skill was side-footing the ball five or ten yards quite accurately; I'm sure if I'd been supported by a team of brilliant team-mates, they could have made those look good!
So, he's not going to be poached by a PL club. What is the future? U21s and bench?

I really hope he can come through and deliver the promise he showed when he first came on the scene, but I'm seriously wondering........how?

Yeah release him loads of crap at 21 so will never make it ! Idiot.

Amazing how when Gus wasn't playing him he was the new Messi, and now he's crap and no one wants him.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Pathetic post. Why is it some just can't help themselves but make digs rather than pride in the fact he's representing England? I could go on but I just can't be bothered.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Pathetic post. Why is it some just can't help themselves but make digs rather than pride in the fact he's representing England? I could go on but I just can't be bothered.
Not a dig at all. With the midfield options we've got at the moment, JFC isn't likely to get a lot of game time, so the dilemma is, how do we develop the good player that certainly appeared to be in there somewhere when he first broke through? Discuss - or don't if you can't be bothered.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He had an absolute shocker for us last season, but then he wasn't alone in that. He's still young enough to learn and develop so time is still currently on his side. But if/when he gets his chance again, he's got to show a LOT more in the stripes than he did last year before I want him regularly in our midfield again.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He had an absolute shocker for us last season, but then he wasn't alone in that. He's still young enough to learn and develop so time is still currently on his side. But if/when he gets his chance again, he's got to show a LOT more in the stripes than he did last year before I want him regularly in our midfield again.

I agree with all this but, then again, it wouldn't be too much to say that he played a key role in turning a draw into a victory at Fulham, despite only being on the pitch for minutes, and most reports indicate that he was our best player against Walsall. So, perhaps after last season's shocker, he is showing a LOT more in the stripes this season.
If things are going well on Crofts' recovery and there are no further midfield injuries, a loan to another Championship club, with the criteria of him playing, wouldn't be a bad idea.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
He'll develop better coming from the bench onto a winning team who look for the killer ball. He has the potential to turn into a good player the way our style is now. For the England u21s , he looks effective. One of the goals scored was all started by JFC's quick thinking from a quick free kick which he played beautifully with the outside of his boot to put some one through.
He certainly has that killer pass in him, he just needs more confidence. Starting him every game last season did JFC no favours in his development. It's always a gradual process getting players to their peak. Look how long it's took LuaLUa. All worth the wait though. I'm sure in a few years we'll see a much more influential, involved JFC than we get at the moment. Let the lad develop.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here