Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Whose shorts would you rather look up, Ken Beamish's or Jimmy Melia's?

gen

Banned
Aug 23, 2015
Whose shorts would you rather look up, Ken Beamish's or Jimmy Melia's?

beamish copy.jpg melia.jpg

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I have already declared where my allegiance lies on another thread!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Whose shorts would you rather look up, Ken Beamish's or Jimmy Melia's?

Oh dear, oh dear - nothing like leaving an open goal.......

How long before some Palarse troll responds with, "Does your boyfriend know you're here"?

Only of course, being thick, badly educated, and a Palarse troll, he won't get the apostrophe right! Probably type 'your'. Pathetic!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Kenny Beamish. We got him from Tranmere if I remember rightly. Dreadful days. I'll sum them up in one word. Alan Duffy.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Kenny Beamish. We got him from Tranmere if I remember rightly. Dreadful days. I'll sum them up in one word. Alan Duffy.

Dreadful days when we got promotion with 'Buy a player' Pat Saward? B0110cks!

That was a brilliant time to be an Albion fan. As a student (at Liverpool Uni) I had plenty of time on my hands, hitch-hiking to anywhere was easy, and I watched a lot of football. Including some Tranmere (usually when they beat us at Prenton Park; I never saw any other result there!)
Tranmere had an excellent forward, called Kenny Beamish. If Fantasy Football had been invented then, I would have transferred him to Brighton as my first managerial move. Imagine then my delight when suddenly, one day they broke the club transfer record and paid £25,000 for him - and you are saying that was a dreadful day? Geez, what a plum!

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Fantastically exciting time watching the Albion during Ken Beamish's time here. Compare that to the last couple of seasons at the Amex where I was horrified to realise sometimes that I was losing interest in what was happening on the pitch and looking round the stadium

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Fantastically exciting time watching the Albion during Ken Beamish's time here. Compare that to the last couple of seasons at the Amex where I was horrified to realise sometimes that I was losing interest in what was happening on the pitch and looking round the stadium

well the 1971/2 promotion season was

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
KB was very much a Tranmere man or a Tranny man as my friend from Liverpool said before it meant something else. There was a lot of excitement when we signed him but he never really filled the boots of Kit Napier and/or Willy Irvine. A generous assessment would be 7 out of 10. He went back to Tranny and is still very much part of their heritage. He is/or was their Commercial Manager.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I keep reading this as Ken Bodfish, and the thought of his shorts and the like makes me *shudder*

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here