Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What links Sweden, Norway, Luxembourg, Denmark, UAE, (Netherlands) and the UK?

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
What do these countries have in common?

They are the ONLY countries to have met the UN's aid spending target of .7% of gross national income: http://www.theguardian.com/global-d...-passes-bill-law-aid-target-percentage-income

My two pence:

It is a beautiful thing to see Germans coming out to welcome the latest wave of refugees, but this has come after right wing groups shamed themselves, mostly in the East, by violently burning down newly built refugee centres and intimidating politicians who were open to immigration in their regions.

I believe the UK should accept more refugees and have written to my MP to that effect, but I will wear a wry smile when I listen to the Brit Bashing that is coming our way: in absolute terms, only the Americans spend more on foreign aid.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I read the piece on Angela Merkel on Germany taking 800,000 migrants this year (nothing said about next year) and she never saw a problem with intergration after all.In her words something like it was not a problem when The Wall came down,however in that case you were re unighting Germany. This is something different maybe ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here