Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rottingdean -> Amex on match days

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Hi All,

Recently moved to Rotters and have found it a bit of a pain to get to and from the games. So far my wife has been free with lifts/pickups but as the weather deteriorates I expect those to dry up.

Asked some stewards in the coach park at the last game and was pointed to a park and ride coach bound for the racecourse and told I can jump off at the Downs Hotel... is that really the only option?

Cheers in advance!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I would imagine unless you want to pay the extra for seagull travel it's the easiest. 2 up to the race course then Park and ride to the ground

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Righto, what a pain... thats going to make evening kick offs pretty unappealing if the weather is bad!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I travel via Rottingdean also. Bit of a pain. I go into the Old Steine, have a few drinks, and then jump on the 25,

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You could always go the long way round, via the 12 buses and then 25.
Drive to the racecourse, use the P&R, then drive home.

Edit to add, coming home to Newhaven from an evening game, it's a lot quicker catching the train to Brighton & walking straight onto a 12.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
The Seagull Travel bus that serves Rottingdean is an excellent service and really not that expensive and you can book one way only. £4.50 return.
I have never known the Race Course P & R bus drop people off at intermediate stops not saying it won't but never seen it.

Last edited:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I too wasn't aware the park and ride dropped off anywhere but the park and ride sites and I used to live opposite the downs hotel

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Hi All,

Recently moved to Rotters and have found it a bit of a pain to get to and from the games. So far my wife has been free with lifts/pickups but as the weather deteriorates I expect those to dry up.

Asked some stewards in the coach park at the last game and was pointed to a park and ride coach bound for the racecourse and told I can jump off at the Downs Hotel... is that really the only option?

Cheers in advance!

Given up poncing lifts off me then?

D x

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
The Seagull Travel bus that serves Rottingdean is an excellent service and really not that expensive and you can book one way only. £4.50 return.
I have never known the Race Course P & R bus drop people off at intermediate stops not saying it won't but never seen it.

This. by far the best option is Seagull travel

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think if I lived there, I'd probably cycle up and over past the Downs Hotel. Appreciate that that may not be your thing, and probably wouldn't be so much fun in the dark and wet.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I used to walk over the hill from the downs hotel. Took about 25 mins with the new footpath, again pretty crap in the rain though

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
God, I wish they'd never got rid of the 'R' bus.

Now, I use the Racehill Park and Ride (and the stewards are wrong - it won't stop en route) or I cycle over the hill.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I bus to the pier and then get a 25.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I usually start from Crescent Drive South ( it's just up the road from you). Drive to Racehill P & R and get the bus. Works for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here