Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion's Kayal happy to be back in the international limelight [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
BERAM KAYAL has praised new-look Albion – as their flying start to the season helped him back into the Israel team.
The midfielder started yesterday’s 0-0 draw in Cardiff which kept Wales on the brink of qualification for Euro 2016.

That marked a return to the XI for the first time since March 2013, although he was taken off at the break as part of a tactical switch which saw club-mate Tomer Hemed introduced into the action.
Kayal, pictured, said: “I’ve become a major player.
“Last January I was at a crossroads. Celtic played last year in the Champions League, then I was injured and did not get minutes after the new coach arrived.
“At Celtic we both wanted to say goodbye – me to get minutes and them to make cash.
“Since I did that, I played 18 games in the Brighton team last season and felt I was myself again.
“And this year, with the reinforcements, we are going well.”
Kayal was introduced into the XI to offer midfield strength to an Israel side on the back foot for long periods.
Hemed had a late header tipped over by Wayne Hennessey although it may have been going over.
Albion duo Solly March and Jake Forster-Caskey hope to play some part for England under-21s in their Euro qualifier in Norway today.
Both caught the eye after being introduced for the final half-hour of a 1-0 win at home to the USA’s Olympic squad on Thursday.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here