Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Auction: Rugby World Cup Ticket in aid of REMF Jacob Schilt Memorial Walk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
With the kind permission of [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10511]Fat Langers[/MENTION], I’d like to auction off a Rugby World Cup ticket, with all proceeds going to the fund for the REMF Jacob Schilt Memorial Walk.

Ticket is for the match between South Africa and Japan on Saturday September 19th at the Amex. Kick-off is at 16:45, gates open at 14:15. (Reminder: the Albion are away at Wolves that day). Ticket is for the South Stand, Block S1G. Face value of the ticket is £20. Ticket comes in a smart wallet with an official spectator Guide, and there’s something fancy you can do with the ticket and your phone to unlock some 3D interactive functionality, though I haven’t worked out how to do it yet. Doh! Ticket is for the seat next to mine, so by way of compensation I’m more than happy to throw in (or ‘line out’ as we say in rugby circles) a pie and a pint and a matchday programme for the winning bidder as part of the deal.

Please post your bids on this thread. Bidding closes 18:00 on Friday 11th September.

I won’t send the ticket out in the post, but will be happy to bring it along to the Hull game on Saturday, or to the RWC game itself or arrange with the winning bidder to pick it up locally at any convenient time in between.

Winner will be requested to make a donation to the value of the successful bid to the fund for the REMF Jacob Schilt Memorial Walk via the justgiving link below:

www.justgiving.com/JacobsREMFwalk

Cheers

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good luck with this, hope it raises a lot. Alas I am at Wolves that day but on a side note can I ask that the seats are treated with utmost care and love.....that's where our ST are?!

Seriously though, keep bidding!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Having attended a couple of (football) matches with Tom Hark, Preston Park in the past, I can assure the winning bidder that the company will be excellent. Quite how much of it you will be able to remember the following day is another matter.

Great gesture from a great fellow.

Having attended a couple of (football) matches with Tom Hark, Preston Park in the past, I can assure the winning bidder that the company will be excellent. Quite how much of it you will be able to remember the following day is another matter.

Great gesture from a great fellow.

I believe I sat next to THPP at his very first game of cricket. I only hope his knowledge of rugby is up to scratch, otherwise the winner of this auction will be spending the entire game explaining the offside rule to him. And that won't be easy.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I believe I sat next to THPP at his very first game of cricket. I only hope his knowledge of rugby is up to scratch, otherwise the winner of this auction will be spending the entire game explaining the offside rule to him. And that won't be easy.

Not to mention 'handball.'

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

The rules of rugby appear curiously familiar to me already m'lud. Apparently you can only pass the ball backwards or hoof it upfield...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Big cheers to all those who submitted bids. Much appreciated :thumbsup:

And congratulations to [MENTION=29538]Mayonaise[/MENTION]. The ticket is yours :clap2:

If you would be kind enough to please add a contribution here:

www.justgiving.com/JacobsREMFwalk

and send us a PM to arrange where/when you would like to have your ticket handed over.

Thanks

#KeyGougeInFrontDoor :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here