Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The loan window opens on...

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
.. Wednesday and I have a number of questions.

i) do you think we should take advantage of the loan market, given Last years farce?
ii) with the squad looking strong and competition already high, where do you think we need to strength?
iii) who do you think/hope we bring in?

Personally I think there is business to be done. A striker would be good or maybe a creative No. 10. Houghton seems to have a plan B and C, so someone like Tex would give us further options.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I think we might sign a striker until January but this time the club won't be in rush unless the right player is available.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

i) do you think we should take advantage of the loan market, given Last years farce?
ii) with the squad looking strong and competition already high, where do you think we need to strength?

Personally I think there is business to be done. A striker would be good or maybe a creative No. 10. Houghton seems to have a plan B and C, so someone like Tex would give us further options.

If a quality player becomes available who CH believes will be add to the squad, then why not? I would suggest that it should be for a year, or at least much longer than the 5 minute wonders of last season's revolving door. The longer they are here, the more committed they are likely to be in most cases. I don't think anyone ever questioned the commitment of Wayne Bridge or Stephen Ward.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
If a quality player becomes available who CH believes will be add to the squad, then why not? I would suggest that it should be for a year, or at least much longer than the 5 minute wonders of last season's revolving door. The longer they are here, the more committed they are likely to be in most cases. I don't think anyone ever questioned the commitment of Wayne Bridge or Stephen Ward.

You can't complete long term/year long loans in this window. 3 months max.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Tex is in Liverpools 25-man squad.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Yes. We have no loans this season so far. There is pretty much no merit in taking a stance not to have any loans, when all other championship teams will be using loans to bring in players that they could never hope to afford otherwise. The key is to 'loan smart' rather than not loan at all.

Well, no need whatsoever for a full back, central defender or goalkeeper. Anywhere else there could be a case for loan - ie striker, central midfielder, or winger.

It depends on how we are thinking of playing Elvis.
If he has been brought in as a striker, then we need a loan winger. If he has been brought in as a winger ( my opinion ) then we need a loan striker.

Another central midfielder may perhaps be beneficial, although that depends on how Crofts is doing ( in reality, not the official press conference line which can be used to mislead opposing managers ).

No idea

:rock:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You can't complete long term/year long loans in this window. 3 months max.
No matter how many times this is repeated, posters will still post time and time again about getting season long loans in the loan window.

:cry: :lolol:

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Interesting conundrum this time round as we have shopped so well in the transfer market and still got a couple of new boys with injuries that haven't had any game time yet. I would say another striker and possibly a right winger is needed. I certainly trust the current recruitment team to get it right compared to last years!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting conundrum this time round as we have shopped so well in the transfer market and still got a couple of new boys with injuries that haven't had any game time yet. I would say another striker and possibly a right winger is needed. I certainly trust the current recruitment team to get it right compared to last years!

Why should we want another winger we have signed 1 and 1 who can play out wide or as a central striker? Lua Lua as a winger is doing the business on the left.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why should we want another winger we have signed 1 and 1 who can play out wide or as a central striker? Lua Lua as a winger is doing the business on the left.

Because there are two wings on the pitch, Hughton has shown a willingness to play with two wingers, and has competition in every other position on the pitch so it stands to reason he would want options on both wings, too.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We have Kaz , March, Murphy and Manu who can play on the wing........, an abundance of riches!
We don't have a naturally creative midfielder to give us another option. Simple

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Because there are two wings on the pitch, Hughton has shown a willingness to play with two wingers, and has competition in every other position on the pitch so it stands to reason he would want options on both wings, too.
KLL, March, Elvis and Murphy provide enough options without even including the potential for Rosenior to play further up the pitch (on either side).

Genuinely surprised that Tex has made Liverpool's 25 - well done to him.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I expect us to just use loans as cover. I think we will stick with what we have got as regards starters.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Good spot. Full list here http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/...015-2016-premier-league-squads-announced.html

Guess we`ll be picking up a few U21s to cover Harper/Hambro for the short term. No names from those lists stand out mind.

Although, Tex was left out of the Europa league squad. I just can't see Tex getting league game time with Liverpool if players like Ibe are getting dropped for Brazilian internationals. Personally, I think there is every chance he will go on loan again.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
KLL, March, Elvis and Murphy provide enough options without even including the potential for Rosenior to play further up the pitch (on either side).

Genuinely surprised that Tex has made Liverpool's 25 - well done to him.

I may have missunderstood Bensgrandad's appraisal of our wing options.

But would add, there is a difference between 'can play on the wing' and 'is a winger'. Rosenior 'can play on the wing'. There appears to be a bit of consusion as to whether Elvis 'is a winger who can play up front' or 'is a striker who can play on the wing'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here