Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
lualua-060915-l229-2673161_478x359.jpg

Kazenga LuaLua
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 7th September 2015
by James Hilsum
I’ve got the number 30 now and scored four goals, so hopefully I will keep going."
Kazenga LuaLua

Kazenga LuaLua says he has no regrets about giving up his old squad number and hopes to continue his early season form in the number 30 shirt for the rest of the campaign.
In a fine gesture to his new team-mate, LuaLua relinquished his usual number 25 shirt so that Bobby Zamora could wear the* number he made famous during his first spell with the club.
He told SeagullsPlayerHD, “Everybody says that maybe I should’ve had the number 30 when I first signed for Brighton, but really it’s just a number to me!
“I had to give the number 25 shirt to Bobby and there was no way I was going to refuse giving the number to him. He’s a legend at the club and it’s nice to have him back in the squad.
“I had the number 25 for a long time, but I’ve got the number 30 now and scored four goals, so hopefully I will keep going. It’s a good number to have and one that Will Buckley used to wear here as well.
“It’s worked out well so far and I just want to keep that going.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The 24-year-old initially joined the Seagulls on loan in February 2010 and had three separate loan spells at the club before signing on a permanent basis from Newcastle United in December 2011.
Despite his relatively young age, the Congolese winger now feels he is one of the more experienced members of the squad and is delighted to see how far the club has progressed during his time on the south coast.
“I don’t think there are many longer-serving players at the club now.* I view myself as a senior player now because I have been here for a long time.
“When I first came here we were at Withdean, Gus [Poyet] was with the team and we were trying to avoid going down.
“It’s a long time to be at one team, but it’s a nice feeling because it shows that the club still wants me here.”
LuaLua paid tribute to the club’s supporters and is aiming to keep entertaining the Amex faithful with his exciting, attacking performances.
“Since the first time I signed here at the Withdean the fans have been superb with me and I’ve always had a nice relationship with them.
“I hope that the fans enjoy watching me play on the pitch because they’ve been nice to me since I’ve been here.
“I’ve had a really good relationship with the fans and it’s one of the main reasons why I enjoy playing here.”
[h=3]ALBION V HULL CITY*
[/h]SATURDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM UNITED*
[/h]TUESDAY 15TH SEPTEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF CITY
[/h]SATURDAY 3RD OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here