Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] UHT Milk v Fresh Milk Dispute. Adjudication needed!

gen

Banned
Aug 23, 2015
Two people I know are opening a cafe but are having a disagreement about whether they should use UHT milk or fresh milk for teas and coffees.
One of them is insistent on using fresh milk as a lot of people find the taste of UHT milk unpleasant in their Tea. The other thinks UHT milk is fine as he drinks it all the time so sees no problem with serving it to the public.
Would the discerning members of NSC frequent a cafe which served tea and coffee with UHT?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Fresh milk, UHT has a strong after taste which a lot of people don't like.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I would plump for fresh, many people I know simply use the likes of Garden Centres and Football Stadia in order to fill a carrier bag of stocks including UHT milk, sweetening products and condiments.

gen

Banned
Aug 23, 2015
Depends whether it's a cheapo greasy spoon. If not surely proper milk is a must?

Aim is slightly higher than cheapo greasy spoon. I've heard said that UHT stands for Utterly Horrible Tasting. You certainly notice it in tea more than coffee.

gen

Banned
Aug 23, 2015
I would plump for fresh, many people I know simply use the likes of Garden Centres and Football Stadia in order to fill a carrier bag of stocks including UHT milk, sweetening products and condiments.

Which football Stadia? Has it not occurred to them that their petty pilfering is depriving their club of much needed transfer funds!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Fresh. What gimp would want to use UHT in there cafe. If I was given shit milk in a tea what other shit ingrediants di they use in the cafe.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Fresh milk.

There shouldn't even be an argument on this matter.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Found the perfect menu to serve with the UHT Milk

IMG_0725.jpg article-2518740-19DEB71F00000578-313_306x423.jpg Vesta_CurryRicewithBeef_236__32530.jpg IDShot_540x540.jpg 40251_4.jpg candwich.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
having run a busy cafe, we would have been hung,drawn and quartered if we used UHT milk in the tea or coffee
UHT just does not taste the same as full cream milk, although for those who wanted it we also kept semi-skimmed
its almost as bad as using tinned tomatoes for the breakfast or even skinless sausages or frozen bubble and squeak..................................................bloody philistines

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here