Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This season's managerial merrygoround begins (Peterborough)

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Was on the Football League Tonight show last night and no hint of him knowing about his future then. Peterborough do seem to have a high turnover of managers though, was impressed with their number 11 yesterday who was another non-league signing.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Talk (not for the first time) of Steve Evans being linked.

Which seems an odd fit: always thought of Peterborough as being a fairly inoffensive, nice sort of club who don't really ever upset anyone. Quite different to that chopsy pile of blubber's typical profile.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What price for Barry Fry with a young assistant?

What price for Barry Fry with Steve Evans as his assistant?

About an 800% increase in monthly food bills at London Road.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Bowyer only lasted 3 games!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
There should be similar rules for managers as players. So if a club sack a manager outside the transfer window they can only appoint someone from within the club and not allowed to bring in any manager from outside whether from another club or unemployed.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There should be similar rules for managers as players. So if a club sack a manager outside the transfer window they can only appoint someone from within the club and not allowed to bring in any manager from outside whether from another club or unemployed.

A club can sign free agents at any point, which is what happens with most managerial vacancies.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
A club can sign free agents at any point, which is what happens with most managerial vacancies.
Not quite any point (I think), but near enough that it makes no difference.

I'd like to say that I can't see many managers fancying the job with the nutbag chairman involved but, sadly, I can imagine numerous CV's have already landed at his feet...Ferguson, Davies...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here