Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC and iPad

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Seems NSC is unstable on an iPad ( well at least mine). Lots of jumping around, click throug buttons not where they appear on the screen. As i type each letter throws the screen around. Or perhaps i am suffering mentally after a long day at Lords yesterday

CoachVealie

Sep 19, 2011
I agree 100%. It's all over the place. The site has gone ad crazy and they take tooooooo long to load!

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Seems NSC is unstable on an iPad ( well at least mine). Lots of jumping around, click throug buttons not where they appear on the screen. As i type each letter throws the screen around. Or perhaps i am suffering mentally after a long day at Lords yesterday

Step AWAY from the Pimms.. :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Same for me. It seemed to be worse after an OS update about 12 months ago.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It seems to actually enjoy it, and likes to take the piss. The screen jumps at EXACTLY the moment that I am clicking a tab, and instead of looking at the thread I wanted, I am on NSC Chitchat or some bloke's profile.

I find NSC on the iPad a real battle of wits, which I usually lose.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The ad at the top behaves strangely in that the page renders with no space allowed for it, and it then appears shunting the forum down.

I'm working through some long-standing tasks at the moment, one of which is to get rid of the 'jump' described above and another is general audit of the various on-page ads we have from various suppliers. Ads are always going to be here, but they shouldn't detrimentally impact using the site.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It seems to actually enjoy it, and likes to take the piss. The screen jumps at EXACTLY the moment that I am clicking a tab, and instead of looking at the thread I wanted, I am on NSC Chitchat or some bloke's profile.

I find NSC on the iPad a real battle of wits, which I usually lose.

:lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Mine takes ages for pages to load sometimes, other times it's fine.
Logs me out when it feels like it though, especially if I accidentally click on something twice.

I use Twitter a fair bit and never have any problems.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

NSC is incredibly slow on mine, the only site I have a problem with. Scrolling.a page, I have to wait up to 5 seconds before the page is drawn. The other day I was typing a response, the screen didn't show any of my typing, then up to 30 seconds later I watched as th text was slowly shown a letter at a time. I don't come here much any more, it's such a pain to use.

Also, I show the Big Board list and hit a thread title, I generally get the wrong one because the page hasn't finshed loading

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
;706842 said:
Me too. I'd gone as far as doing a complete factory reset on mine!

:eek: I have previously considered that, but being technophobic, I'm terrified what else I'll lose, without probably realising I have lost it..... oh well, there's always the Radio, is 'Journey into Space' still on? :smile:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sorry to say this....I'm actually relieved to read how many others struggle with their iPad on NSC. I thought it was only me. :wink:

I have an iPad mini and it's about a year and a half, when I first got it using NSC was fine.
Problems started after the upgrade to iOS 8, I think it was on iOS 7.1.1 when I got it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here