Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can the club help me and my son?

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
Morning all.
I'm due to take my son to his first ever Albion football match on Saturday and he's beyond excited, as am I .
We have tickets in the east stand.
Here's the problem : I broke my hip earlier tonight and am being operated on later.
I CANNOT let my little boy down.
Is there anyway the club would let us watch the match in the wheelchair area of the North stand?
Or any other area if there is any?
Excuse my ignorance I had a season ticket for the first two years at the Amex, but circumstances mean I had to give it up. I desperately want to go to pay my respects to Matt, Jacob and all the other victims as well.
Would any of you guys have any idea who i would contact to see if this is at all possible?
Cheers all

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
no idea mate but fair play to you! Hope the op goes well.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
What a brilliant Dad (or Mum), good luck!

Sorry I can't help

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
Morning all.
I'm due to take my son to his first ever Albion football match on Saturday and he's beyond excited, as am I .
Here's the problem : I broke my hip earlier tonight and am being operated on later.
Is there anyway the club would let us watch the match in the wheelchair area of the North stand?
Excuse my ignorance I had a season ticket for the first two years at the Amex, but circumstances mean I had to give it up. I desperately want to go to pay my respects to Matt, Jacob and all the other victims as well.
Would any of you guys have any idea who i would contact to see if this is at all possible?
Cheers all

The club should be happy to help. My grandad and I used to sit WSL and for health reasons my grandad was wheelchair bound, I called the club and they issued disabled area tickets for both of us. Call the ticket line (have fun) and explain and I am sure you'll be there

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Morning all.
Cheers all

it wont be a problem,phone the ticket line 0844 327 1901 and go for option 2 for disabled supporters.They are very helpful

my old man is in the disabled area and quite often people watch from the disabled section for only a few games that have temporary problems with mobility like yourself.

if you specifically want the north area and if there is availability ask for your tickets to be transferred to the upper north/east section as opposed to directly behind the goal in the north, the view over 90 mins for wheelchair users is vastly superior, I think your son would also prefer that view

of course he may want to be inches away from Zamora banging in a hat trick in the second half in which case opt for the north to the sides of the goal.

hope he has a great day

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
it wont be a problem,phone the ticket line 0844 327 1901 and go for option 2 for disabled supporters.They are very helpful

my old man is in the disabled area and quite often people watch from the disabled section for only a few games that have temporary problems with mobility like yourself.

if you specifically want the north area and if there is availability ask for your tickets to be transferred to the upper north/east section as opposed to directly behind the goal in the north, the view over 90 mins for wheelchair users is vastly superior, I think your son would also prefer that view

of course he may want to be inches away from Zamora banging in a hat trick in the second half in which case opt for the north to the sides of the goal.

hope he has a great day

Assume P means the East -if you can get there ,then great. As I come up the stairs -there is a lift to help, by the way, - I just pop on to the small disabled section for my first view before heading off to the bar, and the view is really good. Get your lad in - and hooked for life, as we on this site are! Enjoy your day.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Assume P means the East -if you can get there ,then great. As I come up the stairs -there is a lift to help, by the way, - I just pop on to the small disabled section for my first view before heading off to the bar, and the view is really good. Get your lad in - and hooked for life, as we on this site are! Enjoy your day.

no i really mean the north/east.......entrance through the north stand turnstile and lift up........best view in the house for the wheelchair users,the fact that its nearly always full would suggest this
not sure why i got a thumbs down from someone for recommending this.......i presume its down to fat fingers

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I sent Tom Gorringe the link to your post via Twitter :thumbsup:

From what I've seen, they're usually bloody good with people in similar situations, so I'm sure if you speak to somebody at the club, they'll help you and the little chap out :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Morning all.
Cheers all

And he's replied already re my previous post. If you email Tom (see his tweet to you for address), he says he'll sort things out for you :) :thumbsup:

Miocene

Mar 23, 2011
Hastings
They sorted me out for 8 games a couple of years ago when I broke my ankle. Just call and they'll sort you out.

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
Thanks all really appreciate all your help. Had my op, listening to the Wales match and enjoyed my dinner. Must be the drugs!
Edna I cant get onto twitter at the mo is it possible you could DM me his email address? I'm really touched by all your support, thanks everyone!
Cheers, Jim 😉

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thanks all really appreciate all your help. Had my op, listening to the Wales match and enjoyed my dinner. Must be the drugs!
Edna I cant get onto twitter at the mo is it possible you could DM me his email address? I'm really touched by all your support, thanks everyone!
Cheers, Jim ��

Further proof, should any be needed, that NSC can be a force for good as well as evil.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Cheers, Jim ��

Done, check your messages :)

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Good luck - I had a hip operation a few years ago when we were at Withdean and the club were helpful in getting me a parking space there and entry into the ground with an offensive weapon (crutch).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here