Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Blood at Foo Fighters

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Royal Blood were one of the supports for the Foo Fighters tonight and along with being absolutely superb, the drummer held aloft an Albion flag during the other blokes guitar solo. Made me very proud!! Chanted Seagulls in response but no one else joined in.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I thought Royal Blood were awesome tonight too. Like you I did chant "seagulls" when Ben collected the Albion flag; everyone around me looked at me as if I was mad!

The Foos were absolutely brilliant tonight too.

Iggy Pop wasn't.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ben suggested he wasn't doing that tonight but was going to be donning a Rustington Otters jacket!

[tweet]640149684435177472[/tweet]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good gig tonight. Ben's getting a bit of a collection, said he gets given a BHA flag at most gigs now.

The Otters jacket is a piece of art, and hilariously was made to specifications by Levi's.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I said to my friends at the concert last night that I would have happily paid the entrance money just to see Royal Blood, that's how good they were. Clearly they'll need some additional material, but I believe they're working on that at the moment (they played one new one last night I think). Hopefully they're destined for even greater things.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I saw them a few months after their album come out and it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. They sound incredible live

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good gig tonight. Ben's getting a bit of a collection, said he gets given a BHA flag at most gigs now.

The Otters jacket is a piece of art, and hilariously was made to specifications by Levi's.

We need a photo!

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Went to MK yesterday and missed Royal Blood and Iggy Pop as it took nearly 4 hours to get from M1 to venue as the promoters decided to let anyone pay £20 to park their cars at the car park ignoring the fact that the people that pre booked would have no where to park, thus mayhem, damn crooks the lot of them. I will be after a refund and day ruined by the greed of the promotor. If going today, leave now if you want to see the support.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Went to MK yesterday and thought all 3 bands were fantastic, great day. Put our BHA flag up when Royal Blood were on which Ben acknowledged!

As a side note if anyone got one of the free key rings being handed out you may want to get them on eBay as there going for silly money as a limited edition.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Went to MK yesterday and missed Royal Blood and Iggy Pop as it took nearly 4 hours to get from M1 to venue as the promoters decided to let anyone pay £20 to park their cars at the car park ignoring the fact that the people that pre booked would have no where to park, thus mayhem, damn crooks the lot of them. I will be after a refund and day ruined by the greed of the promotor. If going today, leave now if you want to see the support.

Crikey sounds like I got lucky then. I drove and got to MK at 3:30 got parked at 5:10 but only after I got fed being directed around various industrial estates and paid some mush £15 to park outside his unit. Getting away was easy though and I was back in Sussex before 1.

Royal Blood were excellent but you didn't miss anything with Iggy Pop. Foo's were just the Foo's. Flip me it was cold though!

As a side note if anyone got one of the free key rings being handed out you may want to get them on eBay as there going for silly money as a limited edition.

I think that ship has sailed. You got me excited then as I managed to get one going in. People selling them for £4 now....or is that what you define as silly money?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I went yesterday got to mk at 4 then 2hrs to go 2 miles got in just as rb finishing their set. Then stuck in car park for 40 minutes and grid lock to get back on. M1. Problem is all traffic is corralled into one road. If I had known the area I could have got in and out quicker. Iggy was good , foos were brilliant, rb sounded good from what I heard. I got a key ring if anyone wants it it is yours for a £100:banana:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
We didn't book a space and arrived in MK at 4pm after leaving Lewes at 1.45pm.

Not a problem, just found a business park near Stadium MK. Parked the car on the road for nothing and walked for 20 mins. I can't believe the problems I'm reading!

Couldn't have been easier. Sorry :lolol:

Royal Blood were excellent as expected. Gig at the Amex one day would be quite nice, wouldnt it.

Oct 25, 2003
i thought the whole point of Milton Keynes was that it was super functional instead of interesting? I've heard loads of reports about it being a nightmare to get in and out of gigs there

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think that ship has sailed. You got me excited then as I managed to get one going in. People selling them for £4 now....or is that what you define as silly money?

I got passed one when I first arrived and handed it back as I wasn't that fussed :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ben suggested he wasn't doing that tonight but was going to be donning a Rustington Otters jacket!

[tweet]640149684435177472[/tweet]

Why wouldn't you wear a Otters jacket?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here