Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Safe Standing Poll

Would you like to see Safe Standing introduced to the Amex?

• Yes

Votes: 125 81.7%
  • No

Votes: 28 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EPSeagull

Jan 9, 2015
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts on the matter were. When Paul Barber was interviewed about it, he didn't say he was in support but also didn't say he was against it.
Just an extra note, many people think Liverpool fans are against the idea but this isn't true. On 'The Anfield Wrap', a poll showed that 97% of Liverpool fans were in support of it.

EPSeagull

Jan 9, 2015
Yes, there should be a choice. Let those who want to stand, stand, those who want to sit, sit.
I completely agree. People stand as it is but this is deemed unsafe, so let these people stand safely and those who want to sit can sit

Are you talking about safe standing throughout the stadium, in one stand only, or in part of one stand only? And which stand or stands do you have in mind? And what about visiting supporters?

EPSeagull

Jan 9, 2015
Are you talking about safe standing throughout the stadium, in one stand only, or in part of one stand only? And which stand or stands do you have in mind? And what about visiting supporters?
North stand and South East corner I guess but just the idea of it being introduced, nothing in particular.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Also what would be the price reduction?

Would it be reduced? I'm not so sure.

If the space per fan remained unchanged for standing vs seating, clubs would be unlikely to reduce prices becaause they could just be reducing their revenue stream whilst increasing costs which occur when they have to remove the seats and put a safe standing system in place instead

EPSeagull

Jan 9, 2015
How much safer is it in an Englsh teams all seater stadium compared to a safe standing teams ground in Germany?
In Germany they don't have the problem of people standing in seated areas due to people having a choice and people don't tend to rip seats out. The atmosphere is also much, much better

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
In Germany they don't have the problem of people standing in seated areas due to people having a choice and people don't tend to rip seats out. The atmosphere is also much, much better

And in terms of injuries at football grounds (as meant by my original question) how many more injuries have to be treated which were caused as a result of people standing in a safe standing ground compared to injuries treated by seated spectators in the UK caused by sitting during a match.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

EPSeagull

Jan 9, 2015
And in terms of injuries at football grounds (as meant by my original question) how many more injuries have to be treated which were caused as a result of people standing in a safe standing ground compared to injuries treated by seated spectators in the UK caused by sitting during a match.
I don't know, but as far as my research goes there are no reported injuries or safety issues due to standing in Germany in recent years.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
All the safe standing facts from the Football Supporters' Federation
http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/safe-standing-facts/

I don't know, but as far as my research goes there are no reported injuries or safety issues due to standing in Germany in recent years.
My posts were n response to ths
Against football is far safer since all seaters.

My pont was safe standng or seating in a ground doesn't affect safety however an increased likelyhood of injury is used by some as a reason to oppose safe standing (see RotR) despite having nothing to prove it is any less safe other than an ill informed opinion which is why i was trying to get him to explain why they think it is less safe?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My posts were n response to ths

My pont was safe standng or seating in a ground doesn't affect safety however an increased likelyhood of injury is used by some as a reason to oppose safe standing (see RotR) despite having nothing to prove it is any less safe other than an ill informed opinion which is why i was trying to get him to explain why they think it is less safe?

RotR is usually on a wind up.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well it would be reduced but I'm not sure, this was just for opinions rather than details

Why would it be reduced? Surely those that want to stand should be contributing to the cost of stadium alterations to accommodate them, the cost of the legal process as this is contrary to the original planning application etc.. Might see how keen people are to stand if it is going to cost them more each match than it did when they just bought a seat?

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
All down to consideration for fellow fans. Was in the disabled section away at Reading a few seasons back, the fans directly in front of the wheelchairs felt it necessary to stand and were most put out when asked to sit since the fans behind them could not see.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Does your research extend to include reference to the increasing violence at German football and whether that is linked to people being able to stand at football?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here