It Was Alright in the 1970's

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Channel 4 at 8pm, episode one of six

Should be good to watch, not sure what to expect though,

Anyone else watching?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Quite enjoyed the first series. Mostly ignored the "celebs" oohing and aahhing at the clips with outrage. In fairness, a lot of it was out of order with modern sensibilities. There isn't much to be gained by tutting at it though but it is quite enjoyable to watch in a car crash kind of way. And some of it is quite harmless. I'm not sexist but love Carry On and On The Buses. And I haven't grown up to be racist but probably giggled at Jim Davidson's Chalky as a kid.

I was however a bit disappointed at Derek Griffiths being shown a clips of him singing Melting Pot and doing slitty eyes when singing about a Chinky. He couldn't see a problem even in retrospect. One of my childhood heroes.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Top watch, Crackerjack was class..

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Watched it. Very funny but a little cringe worthy. Watched Kate Bush at the BBC after. Is she the most sensual (sexy sounds wrong for her) women of that time? She pisses on Debbie Harry, Suzie Quatro and Sally James (or is that just me?)

gen

Banned
Aug 23, 2015
I wonder if they'll have an item on 70s bush in any of the episodes. Had a brief glimpse of one in last night's......which was nice.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I was however a bit disappointed at Derek Griffiths being shown a clips of him singing Melting Pot and doing slitty eyes when singing about a Chinky. He couldn't see a problem even in retrospect. One of my childhood heroes.

One of my childhood heroes too although I'm not sure why. Only remember him on 'heads and tails'. What else did he do? Used to love him though.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I wonder if they'll have an item on 70s bush in any of the episodes. Had a brief glimpse of one in last night's......which was nice.

:lol: welcome to the board!

blue-afro-man

Nov 25, 2013
Watched it. Very funny but a little cringe worthy. Watched Kate Bush at the BBC after. Is she the most sensual (sexy sounds wrong for her) women of that time? She pisses on Debbie Harry, Suzie Quatro and Sally James (or is that just me?)

Damn, missed that bit. Have always dreamt of that happening! Surprised they showed it. Did they actually show Kate's Bush?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here