Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Argus today

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sounds like you have every reason to be proud.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Believe this is the story [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION]

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/13648124.Keira_celebrates_cancer_battle_success_by_starting_school/

very pleased to to hear she is recovering. Best wishes

Thanks for posting the link, not surprising I didnt know how to do it. Her sister Chloe said the other day when she is older she wants to work in the 99p shop so I asked Keira what she wanted to do and she replied be a doctor and put cannulas in other children to make them better. At 4 years okd shd knows the medical terms etc.
She is a remarkable child?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thanks for posting the link, not surprising I didnt know how to do it. Her sister Chloe said the other day when she is older she wants to work in the 99p shop so I asked Keira what she wanted to do and she replied be a doctor and put cannulas in other children to make them better. At 4 years okd shd knows the medical terms etc.
She is a remarkable child?

She is.......so happy for you and the family.

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
As one who lost a brother to the same thing many, many years ago (he was 18) this is a heartwarming story, for sure. Back then, pretty much all leukemias were death sentences. Some areas of medicine have made huge strides in our lifetimes.

But Shirley, BG, you now need to adopt the handle of Keira's Grandad? (We'll call yer KG for short) :thumbsup:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
My mum passed away with a form of Leukemia so I know the full extent of this awful and difficult disease.

V happy for you that she's done so well and long may it continue. All the best to her and your family in dealing with this BG.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
So proud, there is a picture and article about my granddaughter who had leukaemia. Well done Keira.

Lovely. Perhaps you should change your user name BG! ;)

Poor thing though, going through all that at that age. Hope she does go on to help others like all the other amazing people in the medical profession. My younger brother has been going through treatment this year for cancer. I thought he was young!

Dodgy seagull

May 14, 2015
What a great story and what a happy little girl she looks.

As someone who has a form of leukaemia themselves and has recently been through chemo I cannot imagine how it must have been for a four year old.

Best wishes to Keira and all your family.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here