Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed hopes to ruin the Welsh script [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion striker Tomer Hemed believes his experience in the Championship can help him ruin a fairy tale script in Cardiff.
Hemed is likely to keep his place on the front line for Israel as they face Wales in an eagerly-awaited Euro 2016 qualifier tomorrow.
Wales are on the brink of qualification for a first major tournament since 1958, although they reached the European quarter-finals in 1976 when the competition was structured differently.
But Israel are in the thick of the race to France too after a comfortable 4-0 win over Andorra on Thursday.
Hemed, recalled to the starting line-up thanks to his performances for the Seagulls, scored the third goal from the spot before being replaced for the final 15 minutes by club mate Beram Kayal.
Now he is ready for a physical battle – just as he tends to face on these shores following his summer switch from Almeria.
Hemed said: “This is an opportunity that we cannot give up.

“We know about the quality of Wales, the physicality and strength they have.“Personally I experience this in England when I play for my club.
“I’ll try to do my part and bring my experience there.”
Hemed was unhappy to be left as an unused sub when Israel went down 3-1 in Bosnia in June.
His early progress in England has not gone un-noticed and he returned to the XI for what turned into a cruise against the group minnows.
He said: “The goal was three points after Andorra.
“We didn’t under-estimate them, we finished the story in the first half.
“You could say we dropped a gear in the second half.
“I’ve yet to calculate how many points we need.
“We just need to get the maximum in every game because every point counts.”
Those who follow the Israeli side closely believe Kayal will come in to bolster midfield in Cardiff.
That could be at the expense of Hemed although Munas Dabbur of Grasshoppers is widely thought of as the more likely to make way.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here