Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ALBION. All very positive

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
First international break. Good time to take stock...

All good isn't it?

1) Good signings in problem positions
2) Zamora back
3) Competitive squad
4) top of the league
5) unbeaten
6) Manager of the month
7) Player of the month
8) Ince and Dunk on new deals
9) Deadwood (CMS, Agustein, McCourt, COG) moved on

Other than being knocked out by Walsall, all good

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Not getting carried away just yet, probably in a false position, we'll find out in a few weeks, but it seems the potential is there. I think keeping our best players is as important as the ones we signed, though pretty happy with the incomers too. No complaints.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
First international break. Good time to take stock...

All good isn't it?

1) Good signings in problem positions
2) Zamora back
3) Competitive squad
4) top of the league
5) unbeaten
6) Manager of the month
7) Player of the month
8) Ince and Dunk on new deals
9) Deadwood (CMS, Agustein, McCourt, COG) moved on

Other than being knocked out by Walsall, all good

And no shame, of course, to lose to Walsall. The way they have started the season they are likely to be in the Championship next year.

bob_monkhouse

Don't try to fix me, I'm not broken
Jun 16, 2014
Liphook
I wouldn't say being knocked out of the league cup is a bad thing. Concentrates the mind on the league. No distractions.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Not getting carried away just yet, probably in a false position, we'll find out in a few weeks, but it seems the potential is there. I think keeping our best players is as important as the ones we signed, though pretty happy with the incomers too. No complaints.

Indeed points 4 and 5 will change but everything else good...

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Things couldn't be much better right now although I still feel we're one striker and one winger short of a squad that could sustain a promotion push.

Whatever happens this season however, I'm almost certain it's going to be 100 times better than last season, which stunk.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The only negatives I can possibly think of are that due to having a great squad, young players such as Ince, Chicksen, JFC, March, Hambo, Goldson & Harper will struggle to get much time in the first team. I'm also concerned that we still have Clunge. Get him involved (as back up to Baldock) or loan him out. Great times though, hope it lasts!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The only negatives I can possibly think of are that due to having a great squad, young players such as Ince, Chicksen, JFC, March, Hambo, Goldson & Harper will struggle to get much time in the first team. I'm also concerned that we still have Clunge. Get him involved (as back up to Baldock) or loan him out. Great times though, hope it lasts!

You say that but both Ince and March have been getting game time. I don't think Chicksen is going to make it at this level and JFC still hasn't convinced me. With Rea having gone out on loan Goldson's chance will come and Hambo and Harper are players for the future. Who knows, when Harper's fit he could force himself into first team reckoning as we've definitely space for a fourth choice striker, and similarly Hambo can have an eye on that spot too.

Besides, it's not like the players keeping youngsters out of the side are old duffers. Stephens is only 25, Kayal 27, Lua Lua still only 24 and Baldock's just 26.

Greer and Bruno are really the only first team regulars who couldn't expect to be in and around the team for a good five plus years. Then there's obviously Zamora who we all know has one, maybe two seasons left at this level but is a bit of a special case.

Even Rosenior, one of the older and most experienced players we have, could realistically be expected to carry on for another five years.

And the best part is, they're all OUR players. None of this loan bullshit

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Things couldn't be much better right now although I still feel we're one striker and one winger short of a squad that could sustain a promotion push.

Whatever happens this season however, I'm almost certain it's going to be 100 times better than last season, which stunk.
Strikers/attackers: Hemed, Baldock, Zamora, Hambo, Elvis, Harper
Wingers: KLL, Murphy, Elvis, March, Rosenior

I think we've got enough back up there. Some of them may be a bit inexperienced, but how else is raw talent such as Hambo, Harper and March going to improve without getting the chance to step up when the first choice is injured or suspended?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

The longer we can stick with the starting squad we have the better the prospects for promotion this season are for us as the present players are way above the fringe players you mention in ability. Nice to have them as back up if needed though.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
IMO CH is good at organising. The team looks well organised and we could very possibly get into the playoffs. I'm not expecting much entertaining football though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here