Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] 11 billion people

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This has nothing to do with the club specifically nor their excellent, I'm sure, partner Oliver & Graimes but these sort of statistics always niggle with me. Over 11 billion people every month search Google. That's 11 billion people out of the world's population of, oh, 7.3 billion (give or take). You see how that doesn't quite work, right?

11 billion people search Google every month.png

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I agree totally with your niggle on this one Bozza - presumably what it means is that over 11 billion Google searches are performed each month, which is obviously rather different than 11 billion different people performing Google searches every month, so why not just say what it means?

Even then though, 11 billion per month? That seems on the high side to me, so who knows if that's what it really is meant to mean.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Up there with football starting in 1993. Now an entire generation of kids / adults who think Liverpools until very recently record number of titles don't count. That's if they're even aware. Would love Premier League to become Premiership and 'wipe out' all Uniteds titles!! :)

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
That's actually the attendance figures for the Hull game.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This has nothing to do with the club specifically nor their excellent, I'm sure, partner Oliver & Graimes but these sort of statistics always niggle with me. Over 11 billion people every month search Google. That's 11 billion people out of the world's population of, oh, 7.3 billion (give or take). You see how that doesn't quite work, right?

View attachment 68256

Darren, what's up with you today? Has work got you doing mathematic models of strategic alternatives? Its the weekend - walk away from it :lol::rock::banana::O

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
There are currently seven billion people alive today and the Population Reference Bureau estimates that about 107 billion people have ever lived. This means that there are 15 dead people for every person alive. Think about that reincarnationists.

Perhaps rebirth/reincarnation is not limited to Earth. Maybe not even this universe? And there are many realms of existence in this reality of form/matter and also non-matter spiritual forms that are taught about in eastern teachings.

Last edited:

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I take it they mean 11 billion searches by people allowing for multiple searches by one person.
I imagine it's been worded that way to catch the people who believe everything they read on the interweb!
My ex was a classic " well... I read it on a website so it must be right! "

Maybe Google should come clean and admit that to find what you are looking for requires 100 separate searches.

The true statistic is that about three and a half million people a day succeed in finding what they were looking for when they used Google.

Edit I might be exaggerating slightly. I tried to look up the data on Google, but gave up because it was too difficult.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I take it they mean 11 billion searches by people allowing for multiple searches by one person.
I imagine it's been worded that way to catch the people who believe everything they read on the interweb!
My ex was a classic " well... I read it on a website so it must be right! "

I hope your ex never read NSC

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here