Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nadal - dumped from US Open

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It probably should be no suprise now but Nadal has been dumped out of ghe US Open. How the mighty have fallen, this great player who was once pretty much unstoppable can't seem to win a match now.

I always thought his knees would force him out of the game early, but this problem seems to be in his head. I wonder if he'll get his mojo back at all. He did give the crowd last night a rather big wave as he left, and I just wondered if he was saying goodbye .... hope not.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
First time he has lost in a Grand Slam having been two sets up.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I know it wasn't intended but the thread title might want amending.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Needs to clear his head of all the nervous tics and twitches before he serves and get back to just focussing on the serve.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Unfortunate thread title, sorry about that, certainly didn't mean to imply anything to do with the Shoreham crash. I live 1/2 mile away, so wouldn't have put it like that if I'd noticed. I don't know how to change the title, I don't seem to be able to edit the post from my iPad.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Unfortunate thread title, sorry about that, certainly didn't mean to imply anything to do with the Shoreham crash. I live 1/2 mile away, so wouldn't have put it like that if I'd noticed. I don't know how to change the title, I don't seem to be able to edit the post from my iPad.

Just ask a friendly mod

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
He was good at a time when he didnt really have that much competition apart from Federer.

The standard of tennis was very high throughout his best years. He stood out, with Federer, because they were so damn good.

It's easy to say the competition isn't up to much when somebody is winning so much, so often. But it isn't necessarily true.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
D
The standard of tennis was very high throughout his best years. He stood out, with Federer, because they were so damn good.

It's easy to say the competition isn't up to much when somebody is winning so much, so often. But it isn't necessarily true.

He won 8 of his 14 slams when arguably he had at least 2, if not 3 top, top players against him (taking it from 2010 when Fed had not faded, Djok had been at his best and Murray was there or thereabouts)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nadal will go down as one of the greatest players ever to play tennis, awesome energy and tenacity, there's nothing lucky about his record.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
He was good at a time when he didnt really have that much competition apart from Federer.

:lolol: Apart from 17 time Grand Slam winner Roger Federer, arguably the greatest player tennis has ever seen? I suppose that is not much competition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here