Deleted User X18H

Woke me up it did .

image.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
A friend of mine always wanted to be run over by a steam train. When it happened he was chuffed to bits.

A quick analysis of the smoke/steam pattern, taking into account prevailing wind and weather conditions, suggests to me it is very probably an unrebuilt former Southern Railway West Country Class pacific.

(Edit) Have just run it through my anorakoscope which concludes it is number 34067 "Tangmere" and that you should feel honoured to be woken up by it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Guess who I saw on the steam train...?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Ooo! Coming back through Botley this evening. ( Tip for Tim....... If you sit up in bed, instead of laying down when you take a picture, it will be the right way up.)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Didn't stop at Weymouth. Well, not properly anyway! (hearsay)

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Didn't stop at Weymouth. Well, not properly anyway! (hearsay)

I went through the itinerary yesterday - just 'cos someone put it on faceache and I was curious what a first class trip would entail, and I think it said it should stop there for a while before heading on for a longer stop at Bournmouth (was it ? Can't remember, somewhere down there)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I went through the itinerary yesterday - just 'cos someone put it on faceache and I was curious what a first class trip would entail, and I think it said it should stop there for a while before heading on for a longer stop at Bournmouth (was it ? Can't remember, somewhere down there)

Missed the point. Weymouth is a terminus.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
A quick analysis of the smoke/steam pattern, taking into account prevailing wind and weather conditions, suggests to me it is very probably an unrebuilt former Southern Railway West Country Class pacific.

(Edit) Have just run it through my anorakoscope which concludes it is number 34067 "Tangmere" and that you should feel honoured to be woken up by it.

Back in March a trainful of passengers on an express going to Cardiff were nearly woken up by it ploughing into the side of them at a junction near Bristol, the crew overran red signals and disconnected the Automatic Warning System. It (34067) was pulling a special which was late and the other train was let through ahead, the steam train missed it by about a minute.

A lot of red faces all round, I think the driver got suspended for chopping out the AWS system manually.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Back in March a trainful of passengers on an express going to Cardiff were nearly woken up by it ploughing into the side of them at a junction near Bristol, the crew overran red signals and disconnected the Automatic Warning System. It (34067) was pulling a special which was late and the other train was let through ahead, the steam train missed it by about a minute.

A lot of red faces all round, I think the driver got suspended for chopping out the AWS system manually.

That was the Cathedral Express people. One of these, operated by the West Coast Railway Company, was the scene of the 2015 Wootton Bassett SPAD incident which led to the suspension of WCRC's operating licence.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here