awards-l229-2668192_478x359.jpg

Hughton and LuaLua have both won awards for August
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
09:21 4th September 2015
by Adam Tighe
I think it speaks volumes for what the players have achieved"
Chris Hughton
Chris Hughton and Kazenga LuaLua have won the Sky Bet Championship Manager of the Month and Player of the Month Awards for August.
Hughton won the managerial award for leading Brighton & Hove Albion to the top of the Championship table with four wins from five games in the opening month of the season.
LuaLua made it an award double for the club after hitting three goals in five league games to help fire Albion to the Championship summit.
Click here to read LuaLua's reaction to winning his Player of the Month Award.
kl-1229-2667977.jpg

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Hughton said, “I think it speaks volumes for what the players have achieved after a good pre-season and we were fortunate that we didn’t have any injuries in August.“We knew we had to bring players into the squad this summer and the initial ones that we brought in have settled very well, which helped.
“In addition, anybody in my position would recognise that although it’s me picking up the award, it’s because of the work that so many have done here. We’ve got excellent coaches and an excellent sport science and medical department.
ch-f1229-2667984.jpg

“The players have also been excellent and worked very hard in pre-season. We’ve changed a few things from last year where we’ve looked to play two up front which we felt would give us more opportunities to score goals and get the ball in the final third.
“They’ve bought into that very well and the performances of some of them are maybe ones that we wouldn’t have got last year and our win at Fulham probably is a fair reflection of that. To score in the last minute is probably something that we wouldn’t have done in my time here last season.”
Sky Sports’ Football League pundit Don Goodman said, “Four wins and a draw in the league for Brighton were capped off with a brilliant win away at fellow pace-setters Ipswich Town.
“The strength of character shown by Hughton’s team to get the winner after letting a two-goal lead slip stands them in good stead for the rest of the season.”
[h=3]ALBION V HULL CITY*
[/h]SATURDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM UNITED*
[/h]TUESDAY 15TH SEPTEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF CITY
[/h]SATURDAY 3RD OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here