Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wishbone Ash at the Ropetackle.

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
October 25th.

Still well worth a listen.
A great band!:O

Crikey, saw Ash at the Roundhouse in 1974. Jailbait, Flying V, legendary. Do they still do the Flying V thang?

Dave Mason played here last month. The problem with seeing legends from my yoof this far on is that it's a bit like seeing a formerly hot g/f from 30 or 40 years ago and realizing none of us are oil paintings any more. :annoyed:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Saw them in '72 or '73 at The Dome touring Argus. Didn't enjoy it much to be honest, but regarded as something of a classic rock album what with the twin guitars etc.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have one ticket for this event going spare, if anyone wants it, face value, please PM me.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I'm really showing my age here, but I saw them a couple of times at 'The Dome' around the 'Argus' period. I also saw them supporting Mountain at the Rainbow, Finsbury Park. Wishbone ash had just won the sounds poll for the best new band that year!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Saw them at Basingstoke (centre of music) with Focus and Strawbs, well hows about that then!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I think there are 2 versions of Wishbone Ash around these days. The Andy Powell (of the Flying V) version and Martin Turner's Wishbone Ash. I assuming this is the Andy Powell version but if they are anything like as good as Martin Turner's, who I saw in Harlow a few years ago, you are in for a good night.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Saw them 2 or 3 times in recent years when I lived in Leicestershire . The first time I went along half hearted , never having been a real fan of theirs. They blew me away though ..A fabulous live band. The cross rhythms of the two guitars were amazing.

Any Powell (now hairless) certainly had his Flying V when I saw them. Enjoy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here