Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Hull

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yes I know it's ages away, but I'm missing the football already.

Stockdale

Bruno-Hunemeier-Greer-Bong

Rosenior-Stephens-Kayal-Lualua

Baldock-Hemed​

Subs: Maenpaa, Dunk, Zamora, Murphy, Manu, Ince, March

Look at that subs bench!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Think the only spot I would think about changing from the Ipswich game is right midfield. Rosenior had a superb game but I think his inclusion was mainly to try and 'protect' our right flank, although he did look useful going forward. Elmohamady is going to be the best right back Kaz has faced so we need someone on the other wing contributing as well, potentially Elvis or Murphy.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Same but I'd swap Greer for Dunk

I'm 100% with you on that one, but just can't see it happening. Unfortunately I think it's going to take an injury to our skipper to let's us see our best centre half partnership.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Think the only spot I would think about changing from the Ipswich game is right midfield. Rosenior had a superb game but I think his inclusion was mainly to try and 'protect' our right flank, although he did look useful going forward. Elmohamady is going to be the best right back Kaz has faced so we need someone on the other wing contributing as well, potentially Elvis or Murphy.

100% this

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

On current form Kaz is the best left winger Elmo will face this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Uwe and Dunk are both lefties wouldn't that be asking for unnecessary trouble?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Stockdale

Baldock-Hemed​

Look at that subs bench!

I'd agree with that and good to see Greer :thumbsup:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
We've lost one game this season, in which our defence looked very shaky.
GG didn't play in that one game.
Good job the manager and the chairman aren't as clueless as some of our fans.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

Stockdale

Baldock-Hemed​

Look at that subs bench!

Your really setting the cat amongst the pigeons there with that line up.
The same as started at Ipswich.

Although I would like to add if we continue to play like we did at Ipswich
Then we will be top of the league for a long time.The best I have seen us play away from home in a very long time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Stockdale

Baldock-Hemed​

Look at that subs bench!

I really rate Rosenoir but as it is a home game I would switch him with Murphy to give us more attacking options.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
I feel that Hull will come for a win which will spread the game, play with Rosenior and Kaz with Manu and Murphy to come on. We tend to struggle when teams set up for a draw and we get stuck on what to do and how to attack- that's what kaz and Manu can hopefully provide

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I feel that Hull will come for a win which will spread the game, play with Rosenior and Kaz with Manu and Murphy to come on. We tend to struggle when teams set up for a draw and we get stuck on what to do and how to attack- that's what kaz and Manu can hopefully provide

That was last year. This is a different side. At home play to our strengths and use 2 wingers. Make them change formation to stop us. Murphy to start.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
That was last year. This is a different side. At home play to our strengths and use 2 wingers. Make them change formation to stop us. Murphy to start.

I agree but regardless of form you'd expect Hull to cause a problem or at least attempt to. They're not a bad side

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This is how Hull set up in a 4-4-2. http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959269/Live/England-Championship-2015-2016-Charlton-Hull

They will do what the Albion did at Ipswich, play Elmo in front of their £3.5 million right back. They will be able to double up on Kaz.

CH will have ot think this one out rather than match like-for-like ???

A big test for the Albion, CH and for Hull City as well. In past Hull sides Elmo pushes up too far leaving a gap. Not that we would want Elmo pushing up as his crosses, even the ones from deep are dangerous. Bruce has been around a bit and will be tactically acute. Curtis Davies coming up for corners might be a problem. Forster-Caskey bottled it at the far post at their ground last time out.

Altogether, I would be strong on possession for this game. It might be difficult as Huddlestone and Meyler are no mugs at Championship standard in the centre of their midfield. Got to be a banker 1-1 draw if both teams set up as 4-4-2. I would not be surprised if CH makes one change to the starting XI.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Hulls team has got to be worth about 30M. They must have one of the best squads ever at championship level. Diame, Dawson, huddlestone akpom, and a 10M Uruguayan international upfront. This is gonna be a test and a half.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hulls team has got to be worth about 30M. They must have one of the best squads ever at championship level. Diame, Dawson, huddlestone akpom, and a 10M Uruguayan international upfront. This is gonna be a test and a half.
All true, but we've just turned down £7.5M for Dunk and Stephens. Dont worry about the price tags :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here