Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Curry night,

thiis is thread is going to end well

lol Hun x

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Not tonight but usually a chicken or lamb tikka korai on a keema or peshwari naan bread. Don't normally do rice.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Oops, double post

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Is this book really that good and easy to follow. My idea of cooking a curry is boil in a bag rice, chicken in a pan and a jar or Pataks or other horrendous pre made sludge.

Can you REALLY make a curry to rival a restaurants?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Is this book really that good and easy to follow. My idea of cooking a curry is boil in a bag rice, chicken in a pan and a jar or Pataks or other horrendous pre made sludge.

I think it is, you have to have some competence in the kitchen, but it's not complicated. The format is explained by a former curry restaurant cook, and so long as you follow it, you'll be astonished by the results. You'll also take a different view on your local curry house in future, somehow the way they serve from that 10 page long menu becomes a little clearer. Oh, and as we all (should) know, most curry house recipes are not traditional, but they are often rather lovely all the same.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Round my way curry does just not take-away very well at all so prefer to go to a Curry House.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Round my way curry does just not take-away very well at all so prefer to go to a Curry House.

I know what you mean, we live in the sticks(ish) both the options we have localish are far, far better to eat in than take away, and one of them isn't all that to eat in either.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Never have take aways since learning how to make them like the reatraunts.

I too, have made the gravy and had some bloody good attempts, if the stuff I made turned up all within the foil containers I would be very happy.

But you know what, after you have stocked up on all the ingredients and the little bits that make the difference you need to plan a couple of months worth of curry to make it worth while.

In the end an occasional curry from my local ended up the best way and cheapest.

Yes you can, this video explains how to do it, or at least the Base Sauce all Indian Restaurants use.

Also "The Curry Secret" book which can be found on the web to download is just as good.

Make a big batch of base sauce up and freeze in portions, I guarantee if you do it properly it will be as good as Restaurant Curry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here